NCAA Tournament

2 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I remember when some posters in here thought Hubert Davis was getting fired. Always cracks me up. 

To be fair, UNC played laughably bad defense the first half of the season.  They were projected out of the tournament until their second half run.

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

It's almost 30 years ago Scott. Lot of thing happen between then and now. Just must have been very important to you

I remember controlling the game for most of the first half and then the fouls started. Ended up having 4 starters foul out.  Still almost came back to win because of Todd Leary hitting 3 3 pointers in the last minute.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Must be young not to remember that game.  We had 4 starters foul out after we had the control of the game for a half.

I’ve been getting Medicare calls and mailings for the last 6 months,so probably older than you. I must have lost the brain cells that stored my memory of that 2 hours or so, 30 years ago 

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It's almost 30 years ago Scott. Lot of thing happen between then and now. Just must have been very important to you

You said it was the worst ref game in your 40 years so how can you say that if you can't remember back to 30 years.

Edited by IU Scott

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I’ve been getting Medicare calls and mailings for the last 6 months,so probably older than you. I must have lost the brain cells that stored my memory of that 2 hours or so, 30 years ago 

I barely remember anything from 30 years ago. Let alone a basketball game. I just don't put that much importance into basketball games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Right on. Purdue has certainly had good fortune in the tournament. My mistake. 

Wrong place to whine about Purdues tournament woes. Gotta win. I an sure the Purdue board will be more sympathetic towards your national title woes. Here, will not so much, even if people like and respect you

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

We are a twisted ankle a broken arm and a broken leg away from 3 more titles. Hummels leg or karma against Virginia don’t mean crap to me for you..no offense..

Which years aside from ‘75? And that doesn’t have any impact on what has happened to Purdue in the tournament. Yeah you guys probably could’ve won more but it doesn’t change Purdue’s misfortunes. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Which years aside from ‘75? And that doesn’t have any impact on what has happened to Purdue in the tournament. Yeah you guys probably could’ve won more but it doesn’t change Purdue’s misfortunes. 

2002 (Coverdale Ankle)

1993 (Henderson Leg)

1975 (May arm)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No one here cares about Purdue's tournament luck I think is the salient point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1