MSU is in trouble

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Another he-said-she-said.

They probably raped her, but I can't imagine how they prove it.  If you report this stuff as it happens rather than waiting years to come forward, it's much easier to prove your case.

Nice young men you're mentoring there, Tommy.

17 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Another he-said-she-said.

They probably raped her, but I can't imagine how they prove it.  If you report this stuff as it happens rather than waiting years to come forward, it's much easier to prove your case.

Nice young men you're mentoring there, Tommy.

I think that type of player is what we could have expected had Sampson not been given the boot.  I think we would have had better results on the court but we would have had a real issue with the players off of it.

Despite our troubles, I am glad that we are not having rape accusations flying every few years...and if you have a daughter, why on earth would you ever want her to go to a school like MSU?

• 8 months later...

https://reason.com/2020/03/09/michigan-state-university-title-ix-debt-sex-medical/

Lengthy article but worthwhile. Poor guy is $283k debt from medical school at MSU then get tossed out of school just prior to graduating. 

"It's a Catch-22: He can't dig himself out of debt until he finishes medical school, but he needs to win the lawsuit to have a chance of doing that. "If [the lawsuit] doesn't work, I'm fucked," says Dev. "And it's probably not going to work."

29 minutes ago, Reacher said:

https://reason.com/2020/03/09/michigan-state-university-title-ix-debt-sex-medical/

Lengthy article but worthwhile. Poor guy is $283 debt from medical school at MSU then get tossed out of school just prior to graduating. 

"It's a Catch-22: He can't dig himself out of debt until he finishes medical school, but he needs to win the lawsuit to have a chance of doing that. "If [the lawsuit] doesn't work, I'm fucked," says Dev. "And it's probably not going to work."

Wow that is like a soap opera storyline.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

21 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Lengthy article but worthwhile. Poor guy is $283 debt from medical school at MSU then get tossed out of school just prior to graduating. 

283000 in debt you mean lol....I was like geez...how poor are you that you can't pay 283 to graduate college? lol

As for the story. It's one sided...only Dev's and so hard for me to tell what is truth. All of them sound "f'ed" up though in my opinion. To me...another reminder to always try to behave appropriately as best I can. Drinking to excess and having/attempting sexual relations outside of marriage have a price. For most it isn't nearly as severe to ruin their career goals …. but for some he might count himself lucky as they have faced harsher outcomes from these actions. IMO...young man needs to get a job and start paying off his debt...perhaps someday he can finish his degree somewhere else. He made some very bad decisions by his own accounting of the story and instead of owning up to them he is making excuses. I'm sure this stuff happens a lot in college. I saw a lot of depravity my time there..and dumb young people going about not thinking about the consequences that can happen for their decisions. Some people learn the hard way but let it be a lesson to young people...how quickly your future can be derailed for one night of stupidity. 

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

283000 in debt you mean lol....I was like geez...how poor are you that you can't pay 283 to graduate college? lol

I forgot to add the k.  What I'm sure is accurate is the lack of due process and how the case was handled.

41 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Really !  It's not always easy.  Trust me. I have searched and searched in the past for relevant threads that I recall..... only to have failed.

44 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!!!! 😉

It took me awhile. Used the search feature for the first time! Nothing came up under Michigan State. Finally thought to use MSU. Didn't want to start a new thread . Sure it won't be long before we are adding to this one again....

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

I forgot to add the k.  What I'm sure is accurate is the lack of due process and how the case was handled.

It took me awhile. Used the search feature for the first time! Nothing came up under Michigan State. Finally thought to use MSU. Didn't want to start a new thread . Sure it won't be long before we are adding to this one again....

We have a search feature ?  Wow !

3 hours ago, Reacher said:

Lengthy article but worthwhile. Poor guy is $283k debt from medical school at MSU then get tossed out of school just prior to graduating. 

I showed a younger coworker a written consent form template for consensual encounters. He couldn't believe it was a real thing. Cases like this are why I think its prudent for young people to stay away from casual encounters or carry a few consent forms with them. 

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

I showed a younger coworker a written consent form template for consensual encounters. He couldn't believe it was a real thing. Cases like this are why I think its prudent for young people to stay away from casual encounters or carry a few consent forms with them. 

A very different day and age than back in the day....

48 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

"Before you disrobe, could you fill this out in triplicate by checking the boxes as to what is and isn't allowed? Initial here, here, and here...sign and date here...oh, and I picked a hotel where the desk attendant doubles as a notary public..."

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

And I and plenty others on here have said for literally years....get in nice with the media and these things never get discussed. Was the same with Bobby Bowden...yet Archie bangs back at Lunardi for his bracketology and gets the wrath of every writer, analyst on tv,etc....for 72 hours straight.

Shoot....still waiting for Izzo to comment on how one of the largest sex abuse scandals this country ever had happened right under his nose and he claims he knew nothing. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Shoot....still waiting for Izzo to comment on how one of the largest sex abuse scandals this country ever had happened right under his nose and he claims he knew nothing. 

Remember during that season in his presser's he kept saying "I'll comment at the appropriate time but this isn't the time and place"? Seems the "appropriate time" never came. 

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Remember during that season in his presser's he kept saying "I'll comment at the appropriate time but this isn't the time and place"? Seems the "appropriate time" never came. 

Exactly. Kept saying that over and over....still waiting there Tapdance Tommy!! 

More bad news for MSU and CTI.  One of MSU's players (a walk-on) was accused of rape, but the prosecutors office decided not to charge.  It is my understanding that the player was dismissed from the team in mid-January of this year.  The accuser has appealed the decision not to prosecute to the Michigan attorney general's office.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

2 assistants?  Good chance we can go ahead and eliminate a future coaching candidate by guilt from association hanging around that sum bag so long.  

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Disgust for that hypocrite is all I can feel.

This is how much I don’t like that guy:  As a Purdue grad, I would rather lose games and/or recruits to IU than to MSU.

I was actually happy that TJD went to IU instead of that cesspool. 

Archived