Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
Danomatic

18-19 Lineup(just for fun)

My two cents: I think McRoberts can start on a very good team, not national championship, but good.  Role players are important, especially ones that throw themselves into their role.  If you have a real offensive scheme, not everyone has to be a star on offense (you need more than we had last year...) 

I remember there was a guy named Sloan on the '88-'89 team and he either started (or just played a lot) and I barely remember him taking shot.  He spent all of his time setting picks on offense.  If this team performs like that '88-'89 team, I will be a little more than satisfied.

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree with you on Green. He has to go prove it, but it isn't a tool issue with him it's all between the ears. Some players never figure that out but a lot of guys do as they age; and he had the benefit of stringing together enough games where he did make good decisions to see how that helped his game that I think he will really dig in on that this offseason.

I'd add, too, that being on a somewhat deficient team offensively can make a talented guy force things. Having Romeo, Smith and Juwan around him should make it easier to make good decisions and not force things. 

Completely agree. It’s always been a head thing for Green, because the talent is there. I’m excited to see what he can do this coming season!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Does Fitzner start? If so, does that bump McRob or Smith to the bench?

I don't think he starts, but it would move Smith to the bench if he did  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Smith starts and is our leading rebounder and third leading scorer.

We will be monsters on the glass if this happens. I expect Morgan, McRoberts and Romeo to be above average rebounders for their position. 

As good a player that Juwan Morgan is, Justin Smith will end his IU career as a better player.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

As good a player that Juwan Morgan is, Justin Smith will end his IU career as a better player.

I think Justin Smith could very well have a huge year.  Morgan's assist #s go up with shooters on the wing or slashers cutting to the hoop.  Great recipe for Smith to have easy points and rebounds.

Its so good to have multiple offensive options.  2 potential all B1G calibur players making everyone elses job easier.  Is it October yet?

If IU's players all remain healthy in 2018-2019 , IT is gonna be fun watching The Hoosiers  play in 2018-2019 !!!!!

Edited by hoosiertildeath
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'd agree- if he stays 4 years. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

I think Justin Smith could very well have a huge year.  Morgan's assist #s go up with shooters on the wing or slashers cutting to the hoop.  Great recipe for Smith to have easy points and rebounds.

Its so good to have multiple offensive options.  2 potential all B1G calibur players making everyone elses job easier.  Is it October yet?

With Morgan and Romeo playing, I actually think players like Smith will see court time based more on their ability to execute defense. Let's hope all of the players realize this and totally focus on the defensive schemes! Good time to be a Hoosier Fan!

I thought the following site had a nice summary of the team next year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Indiana_Hoosiers_men's_basketball_team

The area I am most concerned about is point guard, but I am looking for Green to step up next year with solid performances from Phinisee and Durham. These three certainly have the right head coach to teach them how to play the position.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:52 AM, GaloisGroupe said:

I remember there was a guy named Sloan on the '88-'89 team and he either started (or just played a lot) and I barely remember him taking shot.  He spent all of his time setting picks on offense.  

Oh you mean THIS guy?  https://medicine.iu.edu/faculty/12465/sloan-brian/ 

He had a great basketball pedigree when he got to IU and he got the most out of his experience while here... I too would take many more like him.

• Like 1