Romeo Langford

20 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

These comments are coming from a guy in NE Indiana, about as far away from New Albany as you can get and still be in the same state. And I have only seen Romeo on tv or things posted here, never in person. Also, siap earlier.... this thread is just too long to go back and read the entire 199 pages.

With that preface, my questions are- does Romeo come across as wanting to be "the guy " or does he want to be " one of the guys"? In crunch time, is he going to demand or is he going to defer? 

If the answers to those questions are the former, IU makes the most sense. He won't get those opportunities at KU. I hope he's that kind of leader. 

He will make the smart basketball play meaning that he will shoot if it is that or pass it if it is that.  Reminds me of Lebron in that sense.  He never really demanded to have the ball at New Albany where he was a willing passer to his team mates.  It was always the smart basketball play to make sure he touches the ball.  Lol 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I have said before I am not connected in any way and my sources are not directly but they do run in the same circles of people very very close to the situation. Through discussion certain things stick out and u can start to see what are the important factors in deciding. Coming from one of the guys I have heard that it has been IU for a while but there are a couple of things that could change that. He would not elaborate. Juwan Morgan is my guess. 

Also Kansas winning another Conf.title helps us in his opinion. They do it every year so it's not a big deal. At Indiana we value it a little more. 

Last little bit. He does feel it's Indiana for sure but if had to put percentages he say  IU 70  KU 25 VANDY 5

Take it for what it's worth. The family is not telling anyone anything these thoughts are by people close putting things together that has been said and shared about the 3 schools and what is most important to Romeo

40 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

As I have said before I am not connected in any way and my sources are not directly but they do run in the same circles of people very very close to the situation. Through discussion certain things stick out and u can start to see what are the important factors in deciding. Coming from one of the guys I have heard that it has been IU for a while but there are a couple of things that could change that. He would not elaborate. Juwan Morgan is my guess. 

Also Kansas winning another Conf.title helps us in his opinion. They do it every year so it's not a big deal. At Indiana we value it a little more. 

Last little bit. He does feel it's Indiana for sure but if had to put percentages he say  IU 70  KU 25 VANDY 5

Take it for what it's worth. The family is not telling anyone anything these thoughts are by people close putting things together that has been said and shared about the 3 schools and what is most important to Romeo

Yep..... sounds about right 

2 hours ago, rico said:

I imagine that kid was already a Archie guy.

Yes, Hunter said this in a podcast the other day I was listening too. He said they had a relation from him being at Dayton. Hunter said he knows nothing about IU. Doesn't watch college ball. Actually asked the guy interviewing him how IU did this past season. Kind of shocked me to hear this.

10 minutes ago, Indytime said:

Yes, Hunter said this in a podcast the other day I was listening too. He said they had a relation from him being at Dayton. Hunter said he knows nothing about IU. Doesn't watch college ball. Actually asked the guy interviewing him how IU did this past season. Kind of shocked me to hear this.

To me, this shows what kind of recruiter CAM will be, more than anything else.  For Jerome to commit without knowing anything about IU, speaks volumes to the relationship him and CAM developed.

2 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Does anyone know what day Romeo's last all-star game appearance is? I would expect we'd know pretty shortly after, maybe even before... 

Nike Hoops Summit in Oregon is April 13th.  To be televised by ESPN2.  Tim Langford, all along has said the announcement will come some time after that.  To the best of my knowledge, the Langfords' are still working on a date and venue for the announcement. My understanding that the NA Mayor's attendance at the announcement was a bit premature.  However, having not heard anything lately... it is safe to assume that may have changed.

Then after the scheduled announcement, there still is this......

Romeo Langford, Indiana All-Stars set for basketball game vs. Kentucky

7 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

I can't tell if they're rioting or celebrating.

I think it’s a future picture of what the board will look like if Romeo commits.  Or maybe it’s what it’ll look like if he doesn’t commit.  Heck, I can’t tell either!

Archived