FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

How can Lester Quinones choose them either?

Hoping Quinones and Watfords' recruitments aren't dirty with what has come out with Wade willing to pay 4*s as well. I'm not as concerned with Watford as much, but this situation involving any recruit LSU is serious with has to come with caution. 

1 minute ago, B_A said:

Hoping Quinones and Watfords' recruitments aren't dirty with what has come out with Wade willing to pay 4*s as well. I'm not as concerned with Watford as much, but this situation involving any recruit LSU is serious with has to come with caution. 

That isnt the only player on the current team thats been paid I would think. You dont go 0-17 or whatever they did and then sign 2 5 star kids and 2 4 star kids.

https://www.nola.com/lsu/2019/03/lsu-basketball-is-becoming-a-national-story-for-all-the-wrong-reasons.html

Local take on this. At least someone down there sees this as an issue and not willing to "overlook" cheating, as some have suggested.

Interesting, and I did not realize this. Mark Emmert was the Chancellor of LSU prior to becoming the head of the NCAA. Wonder if that past relationship will affect his decision as to how vigorously the Wade situation is investigated.

10 minutes ago, B_A said:

Why else would Watford have suddenly become interested in LSU out of nowhere?

The NCAA changed its rules last year, enabling it to use information from outside sources to develop infractions cases.

NCAA president and former LSU chancellor Mark Emmert said in December his enforcement staff has “the manpower and the willpower” to investigate schools implicated in the recent shoe company trials and is waiting for the legal process to run its course before launching its own investigations.

For those wondering where the NCAA is at. From the article Steub posted above.

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.nola.com/lsu/2019/03/lsu-basketball-is-becoming-a-national-story-for-all-the-wrong-reasons.html

Local take on this. At least someone down there sees this as an issue and not willing to "overlook" cheating, as some have suggested.

Interesting, and I did not realize this. Mark Emmert was the Chancellor of LSU prior to becoming the head of the NCAA. Wonder if that past relationship will affect his decision as to how vigorously the Wade situation is investigated.

Vitale: “this is disgraceful”. What a joke. He’s been an enabler who’s become wealthy from the system. He, Pitino & Calipari are Pisans, don’t you know

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

The NCAA changed its rules last year, enabling it to use information from outside sources to develop infractions cases.

NCAA president and former LSU chancellor Mark Emmert said in December his enforcement staff has “the manpower and the willpower” to investigate schools implicated in the recent shoe company trials and is waiting for the legal process to run its course before launching its own investigations.

For those wondering where the NCAA is at. From the article Steub posted above.

This will allow The NCAA to get every bit of info from the FBI, even things not allowed in court. Another reason the NCAA is staying out of the way here. FBI says let us finish, you stay out of it and we give you everything in the end.

Plus the new rule that holds the head coach responsible for the program, no matter what, A few big names will fall hard here.

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Vitale: “this is disgraceful”. What a joke. He’s been an enabler who’s become wealthy from the system. He, Pitino & Calipari are Pisans, don’t you know

Wade must not be a buddy. A different tone when it was slick Rick.

26 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This will allow The NCAA to get every bit of info from the FBI, even things not allowed in court. Another reason the NCAA is staying out of the way here. FBI says let us finish, you stay out of it and we give you everything in the end.

Plus the new rule that holds the head coach responsible for the program, no matter what, A few big names will fall hard here.

The wheels of justice are slow...but once you get caught in them they will chew you up.  I just wonder how many other schools will follow LSU's lead?

6 minutes ago, rico said:

The wheels of justice are slow...but once you get caught in them they will chew you up.  I just wonder how many other schools will follow LSU's lead?

Oh you have to think the NCAA is going to go after every school named. I also think Underwood will get it as well for being the head guy at Ok St.

1 minute ago, rico said:

I meant LSU doing what they did suspending Wade.  How many will follow suit?

So far none. Lets see what else gets leaked. But they all better be thinking what else does the FBI have we dont know about and get out a head of it.

Archived