FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

He will be the first one on ESPN to defend every one of them. 

Only if its Slick Rick or Cal..... If he is putting this out there, i'm thinking look out to every school talked about. Arent these the first cases since the head coach became responsible for the program no matter what? Bruce Pearl could be gone for years if so. Wasnt Underwood the coach at OSU when money was being given?

13 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Only if its Slick Rick or Cal..... If he is putting this out there, i'm thinking look out to every school talked about. Arent these the first cases since the head coach became responsible for the program no matter what? Bruce Pearl could be gone for years if so. Wasnt Underwood the coach at OSU when money was being given?

I’m not sure about Underwood. I hope his info is accurate. Unfortunately, I’m in the I’ll believe it when I see it camp. 

41 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Lamont Evans is one of the coaches named...he was hired at Okie St. by Underwood.

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2019/02/basketball-bribes-how-adidas-bankrolled-a-black-market-for-top-teenage-talent.html

Not sure if this was posted.  Long read but plenty of details. 

I was very suprised to see... "Gassnola was assigned to basketball programs for Kansas, North Carolina State, Indiana and, for a time, Miami."

Go Hoosiers!!!

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Here is better info. Appears Sean Miller is throwing all of his assistants under the bus. This assistant isn't going on his own to put a kid in online classes.

Not saying he did or didn't. When assistant coaches are hired to deliver recruits...I wouldn't put one thing past them without a head coach knowing about it. Just my 2 cents.

Looking more and more like Arizona is preparing to fire Phelps. At least after reading some of the AZ boards.  And will put a top rated recruiting class in jeopardy. As many of their incoming recruits admit to having a closer relationship to Phelps, than Miller.    Read into that what you may.

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Probably kiss of death but to be fair to Sean Miller....no one at the university seems to be worried one bit. AD came out last night defending him and program. Seems like business as usual was the tone. 

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2019/2/9/18218768/dave-heeke-arizona-wildcats-college-basketball-sean-miller-interview

Archived