Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Thst doesn’t mean they don’t have great fan base and tradition. Look st Nebraska longest sellout streak in the nation

And Nebraska has sucked since they joined our conference...what is your point?  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rico said:

And Nebraska has sucked since they joined our conference...what is your point?  

You said the SEC has a bunch of football schools with strong tradition...? So my point is even tho BIG hasn’t won a lot of titles they have a ton of tradition and great fan bases with some of the biggest stadiums in college football that sell out constantly. SEC from top to bottom as a conference has better tradition and fan bases but the BIG is no push over. 

My original point is the BIG used to be kind of a joke compared to the SEC. the last decade and especially the last 5 years since OSU title things between the BIG and SEC in football are now pretty tight. I consider the BIG East to be the best conference in football and the West is improving fast. 

Agree with me or not that’s fine. 

5 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

You said the SEC has a bunch of football schools with strong tradition...? So my point is even tho BIG hasn’t won a lot of titles they have a ton of tradition and great fan bases with some of the biggest stadiums in college football that sell out constantly. SEC from top to bottom as a conference has better tradition and fan bases but the BIG is no push over. 

My original point is the BIG used to be kind of a joke compared to the SEC. the last decade and especially the last 5 years since OSU title things between the BIG and SEC in football are now pretty tight. I consider the BIG East to be the best conference in football and the West is improving fast. 

Agree with me or not that’s fine. 

Look.  We have 4 schools that have big time traditions.  Michigan, tOSU, Penn St., and Nebraska.  2 of the schools, in my terms, are newcomers.  Stack those 4 against 'Bama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee...heck even Texas A&M.  Their heavy weights out do ours.  The difference between our conference and theirs is that their "middle of the pack" teams are better.  Ole Miss, Miss St, South Carolina, and even Kentucky.  

11 hours ago, rico said:

Look.  We have 4 schools that have big time traditions.  Michigan, tOSU, Penn St., and Nebraska.  2 of the schools, in my terms, are newcomers.  Stack those 4 against 'Bama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee...heck even Texas A&M.  Their heavy weights out do ours.  The difference between our conference and theirs is that their "middle of the pack" teams are better.  Ole Miss, Miss St, South Carolina, and even Kentucky.  

You forgot Wisconsin. Also Texas A&M should be considered a newcomer for them. Like I said SEC probably has a better tradition but BIG isn’t to far behind. Iowa is a pretty big football school as well. I think our middle of the pack teams like Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan State are just as good as theirs. 

The BIG obviously will continue to screw itself with the BIG East.

to start the season this year the BIG has the most teams in the top 25.

Also you can’t say SEC top dogs out tradition Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska In terms of tradition and fan base. BIG hasn’t won as much recently but all those schools pack in 100,000 people on game day. Just like IU b-ball havnt won as much recently but the tradition and fan base is insane from those schools. Where SEC out traditions the BIG is that literally every school In the SEC is football crazy. It drops off in tradition in the BIG with teams like Rutgers, Maryland, IU, Illinois. 

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

The big ten continues to screw itself by loading one division. Have Georgia on one side and Alabama in the other while playing one less conference game is ideal for the SEC

I agree with the division thing in the B1G.  

3 minutes ago, madmax said:

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

I literally watched the entire 4th quarter thinking that I would turn it off when it became obvious Purdue would win. Needless to say I am glad I stayed up. 56 yarder to win the game!

Unbelievable.

My son and I were up strategizing for his Fantasy Football draft tomorrow night.  We had the game on in the background and finished mapping out his draft plans with about 4 minutes left.  Fun stuff when the Boilers lose.

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Purdue loses on last second 56 field goal to Nevada.  What a shame.  

I am surprised at the out come.  Was spot checking the game, along with others.  Stopped looking in, when it looked as if PU was on their way to a W. 

No way to sugar coat this one for Purdue. Bad loss after being up like that. Last time they played Nevada they got lucky to win with that many turnovers....last night it caught up with the. Interesting that Bell only had 1 catch.

No run game, suspect coaching calls, defensive strategy. I'm sure they'll bounce back next week vs Vandy but hearing about Purdue Football/Brohm, their program all since last winter. Losing to Nevada after being up 24-7 is about as Purdue as it gets.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Also, Brohm is real fortunate they beat OSU last year. If he was coming off a 5-7 season, fans would be ready to run him out of town right now.

Don’t think that’s true at all. We wouldn’t have been happy at 5-7 but we knew it would take time to get past the stench of the Hazell era.  

30 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t think that’s true at all. We wouldn’t have been happy at 5-7 but we knew it would take time to get past the stench of the Hazell era.  

I think after a 7-5 first season, going back to a 5-7 season last year would have been a massive blow for him.

Maybe after this year we'll see how that works out :coffee:

Archived