Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Admittedly I didn't get to see him play in high school. Anyone have any insight on Brandon Peters? Former Mr Indiana from Avon....was at Michigan and transferred to Illinois. Lovie named him starter. Was curious....were we ever involved with him? Good/bad or anything on him?

I do believe we talked about him earlier...can't recall which thread it is in.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

You beat me to it....was just about to post this.

Harbaugh just needs to shut up. Hasn't won a thing while at Michigan. 

Stat I heard this morning is that UM is 1-14 in last 15 games vs ranked opponents. Win and you have at least some credibility, Jim.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Stat I heard this morning is that UM is 1-14 in last 15 games vs ranked opponents. Win and you have at least some credibility, Jim.

The guy’s a joke. 

Harbaugh has been getting destroyed down here in SEC country on sports talk radio. Paul Finebaum is having a field day making fun of him.  He and Rashan Gary named teams and details to the author of a new book, but asked to keep those details confidential. 300k in cash, poker chips, and loaner cars were some of the things mentioned by Gary. Wouldn't say who, but his final two were Michigan and...........Clemson.  Interesting. 

17 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I'm a Harbaugh fan but that stems from some charity work he did with us back in his Indy playing days when I was a new grad. On this subject though. He's dead right and dead wrong. The SEC does do their thing. Problem is Jim needs to quit the yapping until he does one thing at Michigan that makes him earn the $50M

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yup

I think BIG been the best conference for last few years. SEC been overrated lately. Alabama is in class if it’s own obviously  then you got LSU, Auburn, Florida? As the next best teams? The BIG is the best league top to bottom. We just shoot our selves in the foot by stacking one division. Once again we have the most teams ranked in the top 25. The SEC also has it made because they play one less conference game.  

Just now, 5 championships said:

I think BIG been the best conference for last few years. SEC been overrated lately. Alabama is in class if it’s own obviously  then you got LSU, Auburn, Florida? As the next best teams? The BIG is the best league top to bottom. We just shoot our selves in the foot by stacking one division. Once again we have the most teams ranked in the top 25. The SEC also has it made because they play one less conference game.  

They murder each other.  Kinda like our east but the whole conference.  I know we like to discredit recruit rankings but if we look at team rankings over the last ten years there, I'm guessing it's dominated by sec then big.  Same with pro draft picks.  Has lead every year since 2007.  Don't let your fandom cloud you on this.  You are on your own.   There may be outlier years.

1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

Seems like you forgot about Georgia?

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

They murder each other.  Kinda like our east but the whole conference.  I know we like to discredit recruit rankings but if we look at team rankings over the last ten years there, I'm guessing it's dominated by sec then big.  Same with pro draft picks.  Has lead every year since 2007.  Don't let your fandom cloud you on this.  You are on your own.   There may be outlier years.

Ok I’d agree there. Seems like Auburn, A&M, Florida and those other 2nd tier SEC teams gets overrated every year but maybe that’s just me. I think the BIG has definitely closed the gap. 

55 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Yup Georgia not sure how I missed them. But besides Georgia and Alabama and LSH on the ride the rest is kinda...Meh.

The thing is they, for the most part, are all football schools with proud traditions.

Depends on how you define this.

I don’t think that any conference or part of the country can compare with the SEC when it comes to passion for college football. Fans in that neck of the woods live football year round. I hate the “SEC-SEC” chants and hate that talk radio is dominated by SEC conversation, but it is what it is. 

I would love to see football do a conference challenge similar to the B1G-ACC basketball challenge. Head to head is the only way to determine who is the better conference 

40 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I don’t think that any conference or part of the country can compare with the SEC when it comes to passion for college football. Fans in that neck of the woods live football year round. I hate the “SEC-SEC” chants and hate that talk radio is dominated by SEC conversation, but it is what it is. 

I would love to see football do a conference challenge similar to the B1G-ACC basketball challenge. Head to head is the only way to determine who is the better conference 

Funny you mention the conference challenge. My dad has always had that idea too. He wrote in to the sports editor of the Birmingham News and received a nice response. My dad then proceeded to waltz into former SEC commissioner Mile Slive's office and propose the same idea over coffee. Love my old man's spunk. It will never happen because top power 5 schools don't want to give up a home game, but great idea.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Funny you mention the conference challenge. My dad has always had that idea too. He wrote in to the sports editor of the Birmingham News and received a nice response. My dad then proceeded to waltz into former SEC commissioner Mile Slive's office and propose the same idea over coffee. Love my old man's spunk. It will never happen because top power 5 schools don't want to give up a home game, but great idea.

Wow.  Impressed by your dad's..... spunk.   At least he planted the seed.  I think it is a great idea. 

54 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I’d love that! I wonder what the record is between BIG and SEC schools in bowl games last few years?

SEC is 14-9 vs BIG since 2014. 

1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

I get where you coming from but So are a lot of BIG schools. 

How many B1G schools have won a championship?  Or even played for one?  Off the top of my head, in my lifetime, 'Bama, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia have won "titles."  With a few of those winning multiple times.  Who do we have?  Michigan and tOSU?  

39 minutes ago, rico said:

How many B1G schools have won a championship?  Or even played for one?  Off the top of my head, in my lifetime, 'Bama, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia have won "titles."  With a few of those winning multiple times.  Who do we have?  Michigan and tOSU?  

I know it shouldn’t count, but Nebraska has played in National Championship games in your lifetime 

2 hours ago, rico said:

Thst doesn’t mean they don’t have great fan base and tradition. Look st Nebraska longest sellout streak in the nation

Archived