Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

The guy, IMHO. Played the game in the second half. Not to win, but rather not to lose.  Got ultra conservative. With some very questionable calls in over time.

Nebraska fans have every right to call him on the loss. 

Thanks for the link.

Nebraska fans are great. They filled more than half of the stadium in Boulder. And do that every time Colorado and Nebraska have battled in Colorado, over many many years.  And they deserve to have their football team, to become, great again.  So far. It isn't happening.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

The guy, IMHO. Played the game in the second half. Not to win, but rather not to lose.  Got ultra conservative. With some very questionable calls in over time.

Thanks for the link.

Nebraska fans are great. They filled more than half of the stadium in Boulder. And do that every time Colorado and Nebraska have battled in Colorado, over many many years.  And they deserve to have their football team, to become, great again.  So far. It isn't happening.

It is crazy how quickly things can take a turn for the worse.  Frost was like a god when he came in last year, and he's already used up all of that good faith.  He's really only had 1 good season as a head coach, and besides that season, he is only 11-16.  It will be an interesting team to follow.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the link.

Agreed. Honestly Nebraska football and IU basketball both have fallen from their golden days. Frost is a young coach (mid 40s I think)...chalk this up to learning. I think he will eventually get that placed turned around if they give him time. He is a good coach and brings lots of energy. They may never win another NC but I think they could compete for B1G championships someday soon in that division. Like Archie there will still be growing pains but if allowed to stick it out and build it his way good things I think will come.

Let’s be real. Outside Ohio State B1G wasn’t that impressive today. Michigan and Penn St definitely didn’t impress me. MSU and Wisconsin always look good until they play somebody with a pulse. Actually I thought Purdue’s qb was the most impressive performance today and that pains me to say. I just feel like you have Alabama and Clemson and then everyone else is a good notch or two below. Reminds me of Golden St and Cleveland for that stretch. Kinda know who is likely to turn make the championship...only the winner is in doubt.

11 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the link.

Regarding Nebraska fans. The photos I saw online looked like it was 80% Husker fans of course red stands out. Just saw the recap. Those are the type of program rebuild losses that sting. Frost will hear about that one for a bit.

Regarding Big 10. I guess it was the kind of day where Ohio St showed why they are Ohio St. Rest of the Big 10 either had blowouts or very suspect close wins. Maryland obviously had an impressive win. 

The @Maryland game is going to be much tougher than anticipated. Syracuse was supposed to have a half decent defense but Maryland really carved them up in the first half with some imaginative play calling. They repeatedly had wide, WIDE, open receivers. Not sure if it was primarily due to their scheme or poor play by Syracuse.  

MD came out calling very conservative plays in the second half,  seemingly playing “not to lose”,  but got back in gear.  In BT play we might only be favored vs. Rutgers. Looking forward to next week and how we hold our own vs OSU.

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

The @Maryland game is going to be much tougher than anticipated. Syracuse was supposed to have a half decent defense but Maryland really carved them up in the first half with some imaginative play calling. They repeatedly had wide, WIDE, open receivers. Not sure if it was primarily due to their scheme or poor play by Syracuse.  

MD came out calling very conservative plays in the second half,  seemingly playing “not to lose”,  but got back in gear.  In BT play we might only be favored vs. Rutgers. Looking forward to next week and how we hold our own vs OSU.

Looking at the ESPN odds on their Football Power Index, we're currently favored against Rutgers (89.9%), Northwestern (70.9%), and Purdue (55.5%).

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi?id=84&year=2019

7 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Looking at the ESPN odds on their Football Power Index, we're currently favored against Rutgers (89.9%), Northwestern (70.9%), and Purdue (55.5%).

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi?id=84&year=2019

That’s interesting. Surprised about Northwestern and PU (since it is in Laffy). We will see who is favored as the games approach. Let’s hope for a shocker this Saturday !!

Edit: just read Northwestern lost their starting QB for the year. Tough break for them.

11 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

That’s interesting. Surprised about Northwestern and PU (since it is in Laffy). We will see who is favored as the games approach. Let’s hope for a shocker this Saturday !!

Edit: just read Northwestern lost their starting QB for the year. Tough break for them.

Trent Green’s son.  Tough break as he is a senior, I believe.  Seems like Hunter Johnson—former Brownsburg five star recruit and Clemson transfer—may get his chance. 

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I watched part of the Northwestern-Stanford game over Labor Day weekend and was certain that Johnson started that game

I just checked the game log, and Johnson did start that game.  He was terrible, and they brought in Green for a while.  No idea if that was planned ahead of time or not.

Johnson went 6-17 for 55 yards and 2 interceptions.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Already were struggling without Lorenzo Neal who’s coming off an ACL tear in the bucket game but this one hurt. Wonder if he’d explore a 6th year via medical redshirt. 

If I were him I'd just do everything I can to figure out a way to get drafted in 3rd or 4th round by a team....and see if you can make it work that way. Feel bad for kids and injuries. We've had our fair share. No one feels bad for long when it comes to opposing teams players. 

Archived