2018 Midterm Elections

Brass Cannon

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

One step further I think. If the DNC gets its head out of its ass and they retake the WH. And almost certainly will have the house and senate I think they pack the court 

They wish to abolish the electoral college, they want to pack the court.  So basically if dems dont get their way they want to change rules.

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

They wish to abolish the electoral college, they want to pack the court.  So basically if dems dont get their way they want to change rules.

Sometimes you pretend to be unbiased then you say stuff like that. This would only be a response to republicans changing the rules because they didn’t get their way  

There is widespread support for popular vote. Only the GOP wants the electoral college and they only want it because its beneficial to them. Even Trump said it should be decided by popular vote. 

23 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Sometimes you pretend to be unbiased then you say stuff like that. This would only be a response to republicans changing the rules because they didn’t get their way  

There is widespread support for popular vote. Only the GOP wants the electoral college and they only want it because its beneficial to them. Even Trump said it should be decided by popular vote. 

I simply want our system of checks and balances maintained as originally intended . I believe the founders were much more intelligent in their pursuit of a government that what we have now.

Anything outside of changing the structure of government is fair game. And I know there weren't 9 justices originally but stacking the court is a purely political maneuver for the sole purpose of having power.

48 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I simply want our system of checks and balances maintained as originally intended . I believe the founders were much more intelligent in their pursuit of a government that what we have now.

Anything outside of changing the structure of government is fair game. And I know there weren't 9 justices originally but stacking the court is a purely political maneuver for the sole purpose of having power.

The Electoral College isn't how the founders designed it, nor is how we elect a president. The founders would have had Hillary as the VP.... wonderful system that is!

I bowed out of this thread due to the distaste of the words placed in my mouth and the dispicable thoughts placed in my head.  I was not alone with this sort of behavior through responses.  So far I am uneducated, support rape, and clearly Republican. Not sure which of those offenses are the worst.

10 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

I bowed out of this thread due to the distaste of the words placed in my mouth and the dispicable thoughts placed in my head.  I was not alone with this sort of behavior through responses.  So far I am uneducated, support rape, and clearly Republican. Not sure which of those offenses are the worst.

Yet people who don’t like Trump are the snowflakes. 

As long as its legitimate, sure.

As far as my comment earlier, I would not call myself a Trump supporter.  I did say I support our president.  If that makes me a Trump supporter, then sure, label me.  My actions were the same for Obama, I didn't go to rallies nor did I give to his campaign.  I voted for neither president, but voted in each election since 2000.

2 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

As long as its legitimate, sure.

As far as my comment earlier, I would not call myself a Trump supporter.  I did say I support our president.  If that makes me a Trump supporter, then sure, label me.  My actions were the same for Obama, I didn't go to rallies nor did I give to his campaign.  I voted for neither president, but voted in each election since 2000.

I think everybody except a handful of people would agree an FBI investigation would be legitimate. 

Archived