Trivia

rico

Another interesting thing they had on "Peyton's Places" last night...

Adam Vinatieri's great great grandfather was a band leader in the 1870s for General George Custer...they played before the troops went into battle with the Indians...

But, for the foray into the Little Big Horn, they needed the band's horses, so they left the band behind...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It was in Indiana.  I don't remember the town.  Seymour is popping into my head, but that is probably not right.

Yeah, it was in Indiana.  Can't think of where either but I am pretty sure it was the Reno brothers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Seems like I have seen a documentary about their antics.  

I just read something about it recently and remembered years ago French Lick, still does, has a train ride where they stage a train robbery.  If there is a documentary I will have to watch it. 

31 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I just read something about it recently and remembered years ago French Lick, still does, has a train ride where they stage a train robbery.  If there is a documentary I will have to watch it. 

I believe there have been as many or more train robberies in Jackson and Jennings counties than any other counties in the country.  Might have just been local legend

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I believe there have been as many or more train robberies in Jackson and Jennings counties than any other counties in the country.  Might have just been local legend

Sounds like something I will look up in my free time at work. Us Hoosiers have been known to be feisty. 

Edited by mrflynn03