Indiana HS hoops

rico

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I saw silver creek thumped Brownstown 64-45.

Yep.  I was there.  It was only a one point game at half.  Brownstown hit 6 or 7 corner 3's in the first half.  Silver Creek made an adjustment at halftime and took that shot away.  Dominated the second half.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IU Hardcore said:

Does anyone know if there are any sectional games televised tonight, & if so maybe what station?

Channel 46 out of South Bend/Elkhart is running the Jimtown sectional final.  Culver Academy vs. Mishawaka Marian.  It is tape delayed...comes on at 10 PM I do believe.

New Palestine over Mt. Vernon in the Richmond sectional.  Why are 2 Hancock County teams thrown into the Richmond sectional?  That's a drive.

Back in the day, in a galaxy far away, eons ago, Hancock County had its own sectional - New Pal, Mt. Vernon, Greenfield Central and Eastern Hancock. 

Just now, MrsStoller said:

New Palestine over Mt. Vernon in the Richmond sectional.  Why are 2 Hancock County teams thrown into the Richmond sectional?  That's a drive.

Back in the day, in a galaxy far away, eons ago, Hancock County had its own sectional - New Pal, Mt. Vernon, Greenfield Central and Eastern Hancock. 

Welcome to class basketball.

1 minute ago, MrsStoller said:

Pros and cons.  That's a ridiculous drive to make for 2 schools that border Marion County.

I mentioned it earlier in this thread...Muncie Central was in a Fort Wayne sectional.  That is class basketball.  

Center Grove over Franklin 29-28 in overtime.  That's a FINAL score....in OVERTIME.  I read where Center Grove had 9 points at the half.  

Center Grove scores 32, 48, and 29 in their 3 sectional victories.  That's 109 total points.  

Fort Wayne Blackhawk scored 94, 114, and 99 to win their sectional.  That's 307 points.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Center Grove over Franklin 29-28 in overtime.  That's a FINAL score....in OVERTIME.  I read where Center Grove had 9 points at the half.  

Center Grove scores 32, 48, and 29 in their 3 sectional victories.  That's 109 total points.  

Fort Wayne\ Blackhawk scored 94, 114, and 99 to win their sectional.  That's 307 points.  

Evidently, Blackhawk's opponents can't stall very well?

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Fort Wayne Blackhawk scored 94, 114, and 99 to win their sectional.  That's 307 points.  

That plus the Warren game against LN was in the 20’s too. Brutal. 

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Based on AP ratings, here are the number of Top 10 teams to make it through for each class.

4A - 5 of 10

3A - 3 of 10

2A - 7 of 10

1A - 7 of 10

Out of curiosity, how many sectionals had multiple ranked teams in them?

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Out of curiosity, how many sectionals had multiple ranked teams in them?

Well, the total will be different if you consider 'ranked' to be any team that received votes, or if you want to strictly consider ranked to be Top 10.  For example there were 2 or 3 4A schools in the Top 10 that lost to teams ranked 11th through 16th.  

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, the total will be different if you consider 'ranked' to be any team that received votes, or if you want to strictly consider ranked to be Top 10.  For example there were 2 or 3 4A schools in the Top 10 that lost to teams ranked 11th through 16th.  

Well, I know that Culver Academy played against Mishawaka Marian.  That be #3 against #5.  Just stick with the Top 10 for curiosity purposes on my end.  

4 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

I know.. it's just crazy.  :/

People talk about liking class basketball, but somehow that travel time should be involved.  My school, Whitko 2A, played at Westview.  But yet Manchester and Wabash, also 2A schools, played at Oak Hill.  The logistics of all this stuff just doesn't work.  They are sending schools all over the place because of the class system.  I don't like it.  Up north here...I could give several other examples.  JSMH

Archived