Peter Jurkin , & Other Former IU players news UPDATES !!

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

You'd like to think CAM could have at least taught him how to set a screen. 

That plus some back-to-the-basket moves. Pritchard would've never been a face-up player, but I remember he showed some flashes of decent footwork in the post in his freshman year. It magically disappeared later in his collegiate career. Our guards were never good at feeding the post, so whatever the skillset he brought to IU became useless I guess.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I don't think Pritchard ever really got FOCUSED on playing IU Basketball and was too much into the party life and the pretty coeds at IU , fwiw !!

Yes, that could've been contributing factor. I remember it was said he came back from summer vacation overweight after his freshman season? 

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:38 PM, FW_Hoosier said:

Holt had abdominal surgery and is redshirting this season.  He’ll be back for his last season of eligibility next season.  We could really use him this year, he’s by far the best player that left IU during Crean’s tenure.

I've always felt Maurice Creek was the best player to leave IU during Crean's tenure.

I didn't know about Holt getting injured. Thanks for the info.

Fair enough. 

Even at an injury diminished level he still would've been a better leader than anyone on the 2013-14 team , and a better shooter than all but Yogi once his shot started to come back around..

I'd have taken him over Evan Gordon, and Stan Robinson any day of the  week.

11 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

I've always felt Maurice Creek was the best player to leave IU during Crean's tenure.

I didn't know about Holt getting injured. Thanks for the info.

Didn’t even think about Creek, probably because he spent 4 years at IU and only left as a fifth-year senior.  There’s definitely an argument to be made that he was the best transfer of the Crean era.  He had a pretty good season at George Washington, leading the team in scoring with 14 ppg and shooting 40% from three.  Led them to their only tournament appearance in the last decade too.  Shame that he left, we could have really used him that season.

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

Where is Rob Vaden? He was good. He turned out to be a beast for UAB.  I still remember when he dropped around 40 points as UAB upset UK. 

Pure speculation, but I have a feeling he got fat.  Vaden always looked a touch slow/out of shape to me.  He had a great stroke and his love for Mike Davis is legendary, but he never struck me as one that trained very hard.

3 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Where is Rob Vaden? He was good. He turned out to be a beast for UAB.  I still remember when he dropped around 40 points as UAB upset UK. 

On October 31, 2016, Vaden was re-acquired by the Westchester Knicks.[27] On December 22, he was waived by Westchester after 11 games.[28] On January 23, 2017, Vaden was acquired by the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League.[29] On March 28, 2017, he was waived by the BayHawks due to a season-ending concussion.[30]

Grant Gelon has not played in any of SFCC's last 3 games ???????????????????????????

P.S.This is my first day out in the public in the past 6 days due to having BOTH the Flu and Pnuemonia !! I always knew that if Peter Jurkin ever got HEALTHY ENOUGH he would show why Crean gave him a SCHOLARSHIP !! I saw Jurkin OUTPLAY Cody Zeller in the pre season inter squad game IN PERSON during his Freshman season !! He totally outplayed Cody Zeller !! Then he got hurt !! OH well , it is what it is !! Maybe ole Pete will get a chance to strut his stuff in the NBA after all !!

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Grant Gelon has not played in any of SFCC's last 3 games ???????????????????????????

P.S.This is my first day out in the public in the past 6 days due to having BOTH the Flu and Pnuemonia !! I always knew that if Peter Jurkin ever got HEALTHY ENOUGH he would show why Crean gave him a SCHOLARSHIP !! I saw Jurkin OUTPLAY Cody Zeller in the pre season inter squad game IN PERSON during his Freshman season !! He totally outplayed Cody Zeller !! Then he got hurt !! OH well , it is what it is !! Maybe ole Pete will get a chance to strut his stuff in the NBA after all !!

glad you're doing better and back with us buddy!

10 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Glad you are on the upswing, HTD.  On Grent Gelon...

Something is up.  Here is the roster link:

http://sfccmoroadrunners.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/roster

Not there.  He is on the stats page:

http://sfccmoroadrunners.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/teams/statefaircommunitycollege?view=profile&r=0&pos=sh

On his individual page:

http://sfccmoroadrunners.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/players/grantgelonk8yq

Last three games before the 3 DNP's, he scored 5, 3 & 0 points.  My suspicion...his shooting went way south and he ended up quitting. Maybe because he was told he was going to the bench?  No idea if this impacts his transfer to MIssouri State next year, but piecing the story together, it looks a little ominous.

27 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Glad you are on the upswing, HTD.  On Grent Gelon...

Something is up.  Here is the roster link:

http://sfccmoroadrunners.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/roster

Not there.  He is on the stats page:

http://sfccmoroadrunners.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/teams/statefaircommunitycollege?view=profile&r=0&pos=sh

On his individual page:

http://sfccmoroadrunners.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/players/grantgelonk8yq

Last three games before the 3 DNP's, he scored 5, 3 & 0 points.  My suspicion...his shooting went way south and he ended up quitting. Maybe because he was told he was going to the bench?  No idea if this impacts his transfer to MIssouri State next year, but piecing the story together, it looks a little ominous.

I wonder if he’ll blame the coach on his way out...

Jeff Goodman tweeted out back in September, that Grant would be transferring to Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri. And would have to sit out a year.  And the Springfield newspaper even ran a story based on Goodman's tweet, that Gelon would eventually be transferring to MSU. 

He's not listed on their roster.  So it remains to be seen, if he transferred or not.

In the meantime, I see that SFCC does have one player from "The Region". 

On 1/9/2018 at 7:24 PM, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Great to see Peter doing well.  I saw him play in high school before injuries and saw the potential.   Super nice young man as well.  Hope he stays healthy and can play a few years and get paid somewhere.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Jeff Goodman tweeted out back in September, that Grant would be transferring to Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri. And would have to sit out a year.  And the Springfield newspaper even ran a story based on Goodman's tweet, that Gelon would eventually be transferring to MSU. 

He's not listed on their roster.  So it remains to be seen, if he transferred or not.

In the meantime, I see that SFCC does have one player from "The Region". 

I thought as a Juco, he would have immediate eligibility?

BUT only after finishing this year out.

27 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I thought as a Juco, he would have immediate eligibility?

BUT only after finishing this year out.

I believe he would have had to finish the year out as a JUCO, not to have had to sit out.   BUT.... what do I know ?  LOL  RIght now. Grant seems to be MIA.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I believe he would have had to finish the year out as a JUCO, not to have had to sit out.   BUT.... what do I know ?  LOL  RIght now. Grant seems to be MIA.

Yeah...that's what I'm thinking in my first post.  Just reading between the lines, it looks like he experienced a little adversity and bailed on the program after having some earlier success and starting.

Archived