2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

Don't look now, but the Twins have a 10 game lead over the Tribe.  Wow.

Not sure yet whether the Twins are that good, or that the rest of the division is that bad. They could not hold onto a one run lead last night against Milwaukee, and lost by one. That now puts them one game below .500 against teams with winning records.

41 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure yet whether the Twins are that good, or that the rest of the division is that bad. They could not hold onto a one run lead last night against Milwaukee, and lost by one. That now puts them one game below .500 against teams with winning records.

Does it matter?  Just win the division...the rest will take care of itself.  And to be honest, I am jealous.

Reds are now 0-9 trying to move up to 3 games below .500.  They have had 9 game to go from 4 under to 3 under but just can't win those games.  maybe if they can win tonight to go to 3 under it might get them over the hump.  the Reds do have the best winning percentage of any last place team in the MLB LOL!

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds are now 0-9 trying to move up to 3 games below .500.  They have had 9 game to go from 4 under to 3 under but just can't win those games.  maybe if they can win tonight to go to 3 under it might get them over the hump.  the Reds do have the best winning percentage of any last place team in the MLB LOL!

And Lucas Sims gets the start against the Bucs.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Pirates run differential is -68.  The Reds run differential is +41.  I wonder who the better team is?

Hmmmm...funny how that works.  BTW...looks like we have found a 1st baseman not named Votto.

40 minutes ago, rico said:

Reds within a game of the Pirates and Cards.

Time to strike is now. I took a quick glance at Reds schedule just now. Month of June to me looks let's just say tough. Only 3 days off the entire month. 2 pretty strong road trips followed by home series with some pretty good teams. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Time to strike is now. I took a quick glance at Reds schedule just now. Month of June to me looks let's just say tough. Only 3 days off the entire month. 2 pretty strong road trips followed by home series with some pretty good teams. 

Hopefully the Reds can do well against the AL, something that they have failed at miserably in the past.

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Reds already had a brutal stretch in the schedule once this season.  Something like 20 of 23 game stretch away from home (including a trip to Mexico).

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Reds already had a brutal stretch in the schedule once this season.  Something like 20 of 23 game stretch away from home (including a trip to Mexico).

I do believe the trip to Mexico counted as "home" games for the Redlegs.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like the bullpen woes has been hurting Red Sox all year too. Don't have the exact numbers but Red Sox relievers have 8 losses already. 

Actually, the Bosox starters have sucked sans Price.  

1 hour ago, rico said:

I do believe the trip to Mexico counted as "home" games for the Redlegs.

It did, but getting to bat last does not make up for being in your home stadium in front of your home crowd and sleeping in your own bed.

I have always thought it unfair that one team loses all the home games in that scenario.  For a two game series, why didn't both teams give up one home game instead of the Reds having to give up 2.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good to know. After their bullpen blew a big lead last night the lead story on most Boston sites was bullpen blows another one. 

Sale is 1-6 with an ERA over 4...that is their "Ace".

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It did, but getting to bat last does not make up for being in your home stadium in front of your home crowd and sleeping in your own bed.

I have always thought it unfair that one team loses all the home games in that scenario.  For a two game series, why didn't both teams give up one home game instead of the Reds having to give up 2.

Agree.  But what kind of money did the Reds make by giving up the home games?

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Think that has more to do with early season home attendance....and the Cardinals certainly weren't going to give up 2 home dates. Just a guess though. 

Archived