2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Per the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the Twins are interested in signing both Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrel.

Buyers not sellers?

This is not the Twins franchise I grew to love 😀

Not sure I recognize my team.

Interesting...I would be curious as to how long it would take both to get into "game shape"?

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Contreras with 9 errors already. He can hit but that’s pretty bad defensively. 

Seattle has 69 errors as a team.  Next worse in the majors is the White Sox with 47.  

Now, THAT"S bad defense.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Meh.  The Reds are playing classic .500 ball right now.  It's more like the Pirates are sinking towards the Reds.  

Anything to get out of the cellar.  I have been wanting to get out of it for quite awhile.

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Jay Bruce with 3 home runs and 7 RBIs in his first 3 games with the Phillies.  I always liked Jay Bruce.  May just be the streakiest hitter ever to play MLB though.

I hope it works out for him there.  I really, really do.  And yeah, when he is in that groove he is something else.

9 hours ago, rico said:

Breaking news...the Cubs have agreed to sign closer Craig Kimbrel, pending physical.

Funny how a deal comes together sometimes. Glad we got it done. It's obviously been a glaring hole/need. 11 blown saves in 22 opportunities and somehow still leading division. Hopefully we can cross this need off the list now and focus on figuring out our hitting with RISP.

16 minutes ago, rico said:

Where do you play him?

The way Maddon shifts people around, pretty much anywhere on the infield, but 2nd base would be my choice.  I know Bote is heating up and good in the clutch, but I've always thought LaStella was a better hitter.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Funny how a deal comes together sometimes. Glad we got it done. It's obviously been a glaring hole/need. 11 blown saves in 22 opportunities and somehow still leading division. Hopefully we can cross this need off the list now and focus on figuring out our hitting with RISP.

It happen now because the draft was over and the cubs did not lose any draft compensation

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It happen now because the draft was over and the cubs did not lose any draft compensation

Yep. That and since Zobrist is on restricted list the money doesn't count towards cap as well as Morrow being months away still. Those 3 things were what Theo called unexpected variables yesterday that allowed this deal to take place.

Archived