Ohio State Game Thread

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Can he clean house?  Doesn't IU honor athletic scholarships?  

Again that bill of rights only guarantee that you will have a scholarship but not a roster spot.  If they wanted to remain at the school just to be a student they can but if they are told they will not be playing they will transfer

4 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Agreed. I’m not ready to put this on Archie yet AT ALL. There are obviously some issues going on with the players, on top of the fact that they just can’t shoot, and I believe our roster will most likely look a lot different next season. Archie probably knows it, and the players probably know it too. Ever since the Justin dad tweet, the team has looked like they are just ready for the season to end already (other than the miraculous MSU victory obviously). There is no tough grit fight to these players at all. They don’t fit Archie’s system, they don’t fit Archie’s personality, and they probably don’t want to have to play the way Archie wants them to play. Archie needs a full roster of his own guys who want to play for him and fit his style. His Dayton teams were freakin full of heart, toughness, grit, and had that refuse to lose mentality. Justin Smith, as highly touted as he became in the preseason, just looks like he’s afraid to break a nail and if he falls to the floor he lays there for 10 minutes before he gets up and lightly jogs to the other end of the floor. Knowing how tough Archie’s Dayton teams were just really makes me not want to put it on him yet at all. I honestly can see the roster looking way different next year. Im sure Archie knows darn well what needs to happen to get this program turned around, and the guys we have on this year’s team aren’t the guys to do it. 

I think this is right.....at least I hope it is.

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Crean had 9 flipping years Scott and he is in the process of throwing his current team under the bus. Additionally, half the players you are ragging on were recruited by him.  The grass may not be greener but do you know the definition of insanity?  

Where did I say I still wanted Crean but just saying that just making a change does not always work

Archived