March Madness thread

rico

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rico said:

Kind of but not exactly. LOL

6 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

With 8 conference teams in 4 brackets, it’s inevitable that if the teams keep winning that they will face off. Frankly, I think it’s incredible that there is only one conference matchup thus far 

Pretty much the same thing 

35 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

3rd time in program history they've been to the 2nd round. First Sweet 16 would be...well...sweet.

I think it would be awesome to have the mens and womens teams being equally successful at the same time. IU women has a very good coach. Hope Archie starts rolling soon. 

6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Iona up on NC at the half. Has to be ugly in that NC locker room

I'm actually being serious when I say this, but a loss to a 16 would not be good for Roy's health. Not that I'm a UNC supporter, but nobody wants to see a coach keel over on the sidelines.

22 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

There was, iirc, only one year in many when at least one 12 seed failed to knock out a 5.  I'm sure Rico knows this stat accurately.  

It has happened a few times since 1985, can't tell you how many.  But I am pretty sure I heard on a show that the last time a #12 didn't beat a #5 was in 2015.  But that is going off a pre-tournament show I was watching and not from my memory banks.

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Big Ten taking names in round 1

Will be interesting to see how Big Ten teams progress. If you asked me which Big Ten teams have the talent to go to the final four I'd say only MSU/Michigan...however, Big Ten makes up 21% of the remaining field so that improves chances quite a bit. At minimum, this round confirmed what has been said already that Big Ten is the deepest league this year. 

Archived