March Madness thread

rico

On 4/7/2019 at 7:33 AM, Seeking6 said:

Exactly. Can't miss that call ever. Those officials should never be allowed to be on the big stage again. They altered history there. Who knows if Bennett wins a title people will say how elite he is? If Pearl advances maybe people overlook his past? Either way (much like the NFL changed the rules after no call in Saints game) there has to be a way to get the obvious calls right in the final 1-2 minutes of a game. The stakes are so high. 

The lead official should of never made that call. His primary area is in the paint. The call was the trail officials call. If there would of been a foul in the paint who would of made the call. I can't stand ball watching officials. If you notice the trail official raised his hand for a three point attempt not a foul. The lead official should never signal a three in the corner or be looking that way. Horrible officiating by a so called experienced crew. I am not saying it wasn't a foul just the the calling official had no reason to be officiating in that area. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/6/2019 at 10:57 PM, HoosierMama said:

You are definitely not the only one... those are driving me nuts.  That and all of the Purdue fans in the background 😂

On the other hand, I live for those Charles Barkley/Spike Lee/Samuel L. Jackson commercials.   I laugh every time but maybe that’s just me!

I keep thinking the extras playing the Turdue fans probably don't even know what/where the school is.

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

I live in SEC country...and you are correct none of these schools nor people that support them worry about playing by the rules. It’s just don’t get caught. Sad but true.

Pretty telling that at the end of the Auburn/UK game, chants of SEC were heard on the broadcast. So odd. Was it Auburn fans chanting SEC instead of Auburn? Was it fUK fans chanting SEC watching their team lose? Makes no sense to me that they have more allegiance to the conference than the school.

17 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Pretty telling that at the end of the Auburn/UK game, chants of SEC were heard on the broadcast. So odd. Was it Auburn fans chanting SEC instead of Auburn? Was it fUK fans chanting SEC watching their team lose? Makes no sense to me that they have more allegiance to the conference than the school.

I think that was (somehow) connected to the fact that Kentucky beat Auburn twice in the regular season, but Auburn won the SEC tournament and now beat UK in the E8....so that makes them the "real" SEC champions...?

Would have made sense if UK won the SEC regular season title, but that was LSU, so....yeah. 

13 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I think that was (somehow) connected to the fact that Kentucky beat Auburn twice in the regular season, but Auburn won the SEC tournament and now beat UK in the E8....so that makes them the "real" SEC champions...?

Would have made sense if UK won the SEC regular season title, but that was LSU, so....yeah. 

I am pretty sure when both Auburn and UK was chanting SEC was in the sweet 16 during the Auburn game.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I am pretty sure when both Auburn and UK was chanting SEC was in the sweet 16 during the Auburn game.

I confused myself trying to write that.  Not even going to try and apply logic to situations involving the SEC and eweK anymore. 

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, unfortunately Indiana is not known for peaches.  How about a cantaloupe basket?

Those would be about the same size as a corn bushel, which would be too big. 

How about hog slop bucket basketball? No, that would be our agriculturally inclined neighbors to the north.......

I am really excited to see 2 teams play that play hard, rebound well and play good hard nosed man to man defense. I like teams that also use screens other than a high ball screen.  I personally could watch these 2 programs play night in and night out and not grow tired of it. Give me a team that holds its opponents to 55 a game while playing in a high scoring league. 2 teams that can run an offense that is not the dribble drive or high ball screen. Maybe its just me both with both these teams I see a lot of basketball that I grew up watching at the college level.

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am really excited to see 2 teams play that play hard, rebound well and play good hard nosed man to man defense. I like teams that also use screens other than a high ball screen.  I personally could watch these 2 programs play night in and night out and not grow tired of it. Give me a team that holds its opponents to 55 a game while playing in a high scoring league. 2 teams that can run an offense that is not the dribble drive or high ball screen. Maybe its just me both with both these teams I see a lot of basketball that I grew up watching at the college level.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/04/07/what-got-you-here-wont-get-you-there-the-inside-story-of-how-umbc-changed-virginia/amp/

Thought this was an interesting article about the tweaks Virginia made to its offense after the loss to UMBC last year.  

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

We will see the pack line D in the title game. We will see tough, hard-nosed D by both teams in the title game. Says a lot for what CAM may be able to produce.

That said, it's probably going to be an ugly game, lol.

With those defenses, you better not be frail and eat your kale, because there won't be an easy trail to the pail. 

6 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/04/07/what-got-you-here-wont-get-you-there-the-inside-story-of-how-umbc-changed-virginia/amp/

Thought this was an interesting article about the tweaks Virginia made to its offense after the loss to UMBC last year.  

Good read. Everything in coaching is stealing from someone who does it well, then figuring out how to make it work with YOUR team!!

Archived