Indiana High School Football (2019)

5 hours ago, Burton Guster said:

Don't know if this has already been posted or not, but our 2020 commit Caleb Murphy at West Washington broke his collarbone last week against Eastern (Pekin). Not sure how long he's out.

And he already broke it once this summer. 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2019 at 6:28 PM, btownqb said:

It's every bit as good as the one in Louisville. Cinci HS football is very comparable to Indy. 

Not sure I agree with that 🤔.  Ohio (and Cincy) football is on a different level than Indiana....kind of the other side of the same coin as basketball.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:11 AM, 3Ballin said:

Not sure I agree with that 🤔.  Ohio (and Cincy) football is on a different level than Indiana....kind of the other side of the same coin as basketball.

Nahh.. Ohio as a whole is better. Cinci vs Indy is probably about as close as it gets. The MIC itself is a better conference than anything in the entire state of Ohio, then you talk about just Cinci. Absolutely comparable. 

Cathedral beat Moeller 28-0

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Ben Davis?

Wouldn’t think it would be them.  They didn’t get good until the late 80s.  I don’t recall when the state tournament actually began but I do remember Carmel losing up at Valpo when they had Mark Herrman.  I think North Central hosted the state finals for awhile too.  Boy that seems so long ago.  Not sure my memory is correct there.

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Wouldn’t think it would be them.  They didn’t get good until the late 80s.  I don’t recall when the state tournament actually began but I do remember Carmel losing up at Valpo when they had Mark Herrman.  I think North Central hosted the state finals for awhile too.  Boy that seems so long ago.  Not sure my memory is correct there.

Could be North Central...too long ago for me.  Unfortunately I was alive then.

9 hours ago, rico said:

Ben Davis?

No.  Actually at venues all over the state.  In 1975, the 1A Championship between Lawrenceburg and Wes-Del was played in Lawrenceburg.  Same way with the 2A and 3A champion games.  The games were played in Greenfield and Valparaiso, respectively.  It was like that from 73-76.  After that, they started playing them in Indy  First few years at high school stadiums, then at the RCA Dome.

http://pastfb.homestead.com/files/chart.htm#loaded

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

No.  Actually at venues all over the state.  In 1975, the 1A Championship between Lawrenceburg and Wes-Del was played in Lawrenceburg.  Same way with the 2A and 3A champion games.  The games were played in Greenfield and Valparaiso, respectively.  It was like that from 73-76.  After that, they started playing them in Indy  First few years at high school stadiums, then at the RCA Dome.

http://pastfb.homestead.com/files/chart.htm#loaded

Thanks for the link/info.  Great site for sure.

But it did take me down a trip through memory lane from my school days.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

After 3 weeks of the season, there are still 71 undefeated teams in the state.  66 are 3-0 and 5 are 2-0.  South Bend Riley wins the prize for the closest average margin of victory at 7.7.  

https://indianahsfootball.homestead.com/files/unbeatens.htm

The GF's Columbia City Eagles are at 3-0, my Wildcats are at 0-3.  Gonna be a long season for me....

2 hours ago, rico said:

The GF's Columbia City Eagles are at 3-0, my Wildcats are at 0-3.  Gonna be a long season for me....

Silver Creek is 3-0 with a good shot at a 7-8 win regular season.  Their sectional is extremely tough this year though.  In sectional realignment they lost 3 schools that dropped down in class and picked up Martinsville, Mooresville, and Greenwood (3 of the top 6 in 4A Sagarin ratings, all top 33 in overall Sagarin ratings).  

Archived