PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

Golf related but going to go this afternoon and see if I can see what Woodson, Calbert, and Coach Allen play golf like. Playing in Anthony Calhoun's golf tourney today. My aunt lives on the course where it's being held. Only going to be there for an hour or so but hope to see them. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

DeChambeau's implosion was a sight to behold.

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I thought I saw Koepka lurking in the gallery with a rag doll wearing Puma gear and some pins...

Rahm's putts on 17 and 18 were big time clutch...

I don't know, I'm skeptical. It reminds me of some of the WWE-like stuff that Nascar was doing as it's audience was collapsing. Koepka was caught telling the truth:

Koepka felt his feud with DeChambeau was good for the game of golf, telling Golf Digest:

“It’s bringing new eyeballs. Like I said last week, you’ve got different—it’s pretty much been on every news channel,” Koepka said. “Pretty much everything you look at online, it’s got this in the headline, or it’s up there as a big news story. To me, that’s growing the game. You’re putting it in front of eyeballs, you’re putting it in front of people, the game of golf, who probably don’t normally look at golf, don’t play it, might get them involved. I don’t know how it’s not growing the game.”

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I don't know, I'm skeptical. It reminds me of some of the WWE-like stuff that Nascar was doing as it's audience was collapsing. Koepka was caught telling the truth:

Koepka felt his feud with DeChambeau was good for the game of golf, telling Golf Digest:

“It’s bringing new eyeballs. Like I said last week, you’ve got different—it’s pretty much been on every news channel,” Koepka said. “Pretty much everything you look at online, it’s got this in the headline, or it’s up there as a big news story. To me, that’s growing the game. You’re putting it in front of eyeballs, you’re putting it in front of people, the game of golf, who probably don’t normally look at golf, don’t play it, might get them involved. I don’t know how it’s not growing the game.”

Which one's the "heel?"

😉

14 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Also trying to insure themselves and the 1st and 2nd most searched golfer. The top 10 split 40mil

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Early scores at St. Georges indicate the mild weather and previous weeks abundant rains have set up this Open to be a shootout.  Plenty of low scores with the early leaders being Oosthuizen 64, Spieth 65, Harman 65.  Favorite Jon Rahm with one over par 71.  

Oh yeah... and my buddy, Phil Mickelson...well, he shot a nice round number....80.  That's ten over par and good for a tie for last in the field of 156.  Thumbs up!!   😂👍

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Haha 1

Didn't get a chance to watch much on Thursday/Friday. Trying to get a feel for the course this morning. Seems pretty standard for links. Fairways and positioning correctly on greens. I didn't see -11 after 2 rounds coming. Seeing balls check up is always weird to me across the pond. Would love to see O get the win.....but I really like Morikawa. He's 24 or whatever but he plays golf like he's 54. So tactical. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't get a chance to watch much on Thursday/Friday. Trying to get a feel for the course this morning. Seems pretty standard for links. Fairways and positioning correctly on greens. I didn't see -11 after 2 rounds coming. Seeing balls check up is always weird to me across the pond. Would love to see O get the win.....but I really like Morikawa. He's 24 or whatever but he plays golf like he's 54. So tactical. 

I did not get to see Thursday or Friday either.  But, this just doesn't seem like a British Open with such beautiful weather.  

And, how about Oostuizen.  In contention for the 3rd straight major.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I dont watch golf. But there is a guy on tour right now, Chris Baker that's from my Brownstown. His mom was my sister and I 5th grade teacher. Awesome family. 

Chris is one of the nicest dudes you'll meet. 

Played in his first ever US Open this year. The guy that my son Ayfen gets coached by used to coach Keegan McCullough from Greensburg that just turned pro a couple of weeks ago

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I dont watch golf. But there is a guy on tour right now, Chris Baker that's from Brownstown. His mom was my sister and I 5th grade teacher. Awesome family. 

Chris is one of the nicest dudes you'll meet. 

He got some TV time a few tournaments back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Lots of rain weeks before plus little to no wind...nice weather is the reason for record Open scoring.  Louis is such a great ball striker... he's just been a machine and of course unflappable.

Edited by jv1972iu

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Spieth with a shaky back nine.  Couldn't take advantage of the few chances he had and hit some bad shots leading to stressful scrambling saves but culminated in a awful bogey on a less than three foot par putt on eighteen.

And he missed that 1 footer on 18 day before as well. Mental part is aggravating sometimes. Those 2 shots are going to loom big tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And he missed that 1 footer on 18 day before as well. Mental part is aggravating sometimes. Those 2 shots are going to loom big tomorrow. 

Yeah, he needs to find some magic tomorrow.  Oosthuizen is looking very strong and Morikawa isn't going to wilt, IMO.  Spieth can't be hitting the ball all over the place.  He needs to be in the fairway all day tomorrow and eliminate stress as much as possible.  Easy right?  LOL

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Yeah, he needs to find some magic tomorrow.  Oosthuizen is looking very strong and Morikawa isn't going to wilt, IMO.  Spieth can't be hitting the ball all over the place.  He needs to be in the fairway all day tomorrow and eliminate stress as much as possible.  Easy right?  LOL

Before we head out I'm trying to do my fanduel lineup for the Sunday only. Leaders usually don't go low because it becomes match play. I'm going Rahm, Conners, Scheffler, Kokrak again, Macintyre, Smith, and Fitz.

Not a bad story for any of the front 3 tomorrow between Morikawa, Spieth, and O.