PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Just got another text saying 8 guys would be announced after the FEDEX Cup. Those will be the big names that are going to get sponsors asking questions of the PGA Tour, like what and the hell are we paying for.

The timing of that bothers me a bit.  Winning the FedEx Cup is obviously important to those guys, or they would go ahead and leave now.  The FedEx Cup is the PGA playoff, not the LIV.  

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The timing of that bothers me a bit.  Winning the FedEx Cup is obviously important to those guys, or they would go ahead and leave now.  The FedEx Cup is the PGA playoff, not the LIV.  

Those would be next year guys. Why after FedEx is over.

54 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Those would be next year guys. Why after FedEx is over.

Understood.  What bothers me is they think highly enough of the Fed Ex Cup to hang around this year, but not enough to be part of it next year.

What's more important.  The prestige of the Fed Ex Cup or the money?  Sounds as if they want their cake and eat it too. 

Pick one.

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Understood.  What bothers me is they think highly enough of the Fed Ex Cup to hang around this year, but not enough to be part of it next year.

What's more important.  The prestige of the Fed Ex Cup or the money?  Sounds as if they want their cake and eat it too. 

Pick one.

They want both and should have it.

Stenson, Kokrak and Charles Howell III this week from another text. 3 more next week. The PGA Tour is in a slow bleed. Charles has only 3 wins but his nickname is ATM because he cashes so much. $26 million in his career with only 3 wins. 20 years straight on tour, like Perez. People dont think the Tour losing guys like this is a big deal, but it is. 20 year vets who can still play at a high level jumping ship is a bad look. Think about it. It took Charles 20 years to make $26 mill. One pen stroke on the dotted line I guessing will double his career earnings. Now ask yourselves what you would do if an employer offered to double your career earnings.

Not sure if mentioned here yet, but Charles Barkley will meet with LIV.

“I’m going to meet with LIV,” Barkley said last week. “They called me and asked me ‘would I meet with them?’ And I said yes. You’ve got to always look at every opportunity that’s available. So the answer to your question is, 100 percent yes, I’m going to meet with LIV.”

individual teams are going to be sponsored, the players will be given 25% ownership of their team, and full support from #LIVGolf to help grow brands and acquire sponsorships. Teams will be run like major sports teams. This is what's attractive to players.
LIV business model is starting to come out. 25% of a billion dollar team will turn some heads. Another 62 million each ,on top of everything else. If they can pull it off. They cant do it unless a TV deal is in place. Fox is the place I see them headed.

21 hours ago, Indykev said:

Stenson, Kokrak and Charles Howell III this week from another text. 3 more next week. The PGA Tour is in a slow bleed. Charles has only 3 wins but his nickname is ATM because he cashes so much. $26 million in his career with only 3 wins. 20 years straight on tour, like Perez. People dont think the Tour losing guys like this is a big deal, but it is. 20 year vets who can still play at a high level jumping ship is a bad look. Think about it. It took Charles 20 years to make $26 mill. One pen stroke on the dotted line I guessing will double his career earnings. Now ask yourselves what you would do if an employer offered to double your career earnings.

I guess the exact number shouldn't matter but CH3 is the epitome of why guys should stay on the tour. I saw $42M in career earnings and has 1 top 10 at a major....but all he does is cash week in and out over his career. 

But to your point I can also see why guys like CH3 or Kokrak...or others do it. They'll never get the lump sum they can get w/LIV because they just can't win on the tour. 

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I guess the exact number shouldn't matter but CH3 is the epitome of why guys should stay on the tour. I saw $42M in career earnings and has 1 top 10 at a major....but all he does is cash week in and out over his career. 

But to your point I can also see why guys like CH3 or Kokrak...or others do it. They'll never get the lump sum they can get w/LIV because they just can't win on the tour. 

No one could make the money LIV is paying them on the PGA Tour. win or not. yes CHII made 42 million. The first number I saw was wrong. How many years would it take DJ to win $150 million. Norman just said he is getting calls every day from agents from top 40 players that want to join. He said its to late they are full. All spots are now under contracts. Now we wait until the Prez Cup is over to find out who's coming.

• Like 1

I find this whole PGA / LIV situation fascinating. This is competition and the challenging of the status quo. I am admittedly not a huge golf fan with knowledge and interest like I have in other sports, but I find the entire posturing and re/configuration of the sport very intriguing. Competition is at the core of everything in sports, so isn't this a good thing?

We talk all the time about how inept the NCAA is governing collegiate sports, and how a different entity could prove beneficial as we progress through the evolution of Sport. I think it's good to shake things up every so often and see what new ideas and concepts stick. Not everything is going to work, and that's fine. But some new twists might just become the next cool thing.

I can't help but think that the NBA will likely be faced with something like this in the next 20 years. High level/Elite professional basketball is exploding the world over, and it's only a matter of time before an international federation starts dangling serious money in front of homegrown players and plucks them away.

• Like 2

Hideki’s deal is 400 mill!! To put that into perspective, it’s more than the on course career earnings of Tiger, Phil, Rory, JT and Spieth COMBINED. Truly mind blowing and it shows how big the market is in Asia. That is generational wealth, who can blame him.

CxhD7Aln_normal.jpg

PGA Honks need to understand that the power dynamic is QUICKLY shifting in #LIVGolf's favor. LIV can have their A league and feeder tour and reduce the PGA Tour to 5-6 premium stops and put the other stops in jeopardy. LIV has the hammer now, not Monahan and Pelley. Don't Blink.

mark lye

@letitflye
·
Inside the PGA Tour…75% of the players want out and would gladly jump if offered. This info from a very reliable player’s mgmt firm.

Edited by Indykev

Starting to hear reports of less accomplished LIV golfers no longer getting invited to participate in events due to capacity restrictions.  As more and more players jump, one would have to assume the list of players getting left out in the cold will as well.  Does LIV have a contingency for such a circumstance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Starting to hear reports of less accomplished LIV golfers no longer getting invited to participate in events due to capacity restrictions.  As more and more players jump, one would have to assume the list of players getting left out in the cold will as well.  Does LIV have a contingency for such a circumstance?

Players that played in LIV events that get bumped are now invited to play on the Asian Tour, along with LIV paying them an unknown amount each week. Those players will fill in on teams with injured or sick players. Which is a good deal since some didnt have a place to play to begin with. Andy Ogletree finished last in the first event played the Colorado Open last week. My buddy who is a 3 handicap also played. lol.

To me there is no such thing as a smaller stop on Tour. Detroit up this week and scores should be low. Cameron Young is so close to that first win. Same for Zalatoris. Cantlay is class of field on paper and Troy Merritt has always played well here.

Putting combos of Zalatoris, Cam Young, Cam Davis, Merritt....and another crack at the kid Cole Hammer on my lineups this week. For those that do FD....Nate Lashley is a good cheap play as well with great course history.