PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

To me there is no such thing as a smaller stop on Tour. Detroit up this week and scores should be low. Cameron Young is so close to that first win. Same for Zalatoris. Cantlay is class of field on paper and Troy Merritt has always played well here.

Putting combos of Zalatoris, Cam Young, Cam Davis, Merritt....and another crack at the kid Cole Hammer on my lineups this week. For those that do FD....Nate Lashley is a good cheap play as well with great course history.

Zalatoris is due and better win. Cantlay will be right there. Cam Young will have an open hang over and not play great. I have a feeling.

• Like 1

Hearing Bubba Watson will be named a team Captain this week but wont play until 2023 due to injury. Norman going after past Masters winners, wonder why? Wink. That would be 6 if it pans out. With 2 more by years end rumored.

If you have a min. go to youtube and listen to Charles Barkley from 3 days ago, on Dan Patrick show.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

LIV announced today that they will expand their schedule to 25 events in 2023, with 14 of them being mandatory.

Wonder how many of those will be stateside?  If too many are in the U.S. it will hurt participation in some of the international events. 

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Wonder how many of those will be stateside?  If too many are in the U.S. it will hurt participation in some of the international events. 

Yes I would love to see the schedule. I agree with you. I'm surprised they didnt make them split the 14 from U.S to International. Maybe they did and we just dont know it yet.

I cant get any info on the other 2 players that will be added this week yet. Its pretty quite right now. Could be a couple of big names.

This answers the question about the guys that are being replaced right now. Looks like there will be plenty of events for them to play. 10 events for some will get them over a million for last. 25 events makes it more shocking Norman is turning away top 50 players for 200 ranked guys. You would think he would want all he could take from the PGA Tour to put out a better product. I cant see many top 50 guys wanting to qualify for 4 spots. I think the Captains building their teams will play a big role on bring in top players. Not sure I would want to take that on, telling a guy you are out, good luck on finding a place to play.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

On 7/26/2022 at 3:56 PM, Seeking6 said:

To me there is no such thing as a smaller stop on Tour. Detroit up this week and scores should be low. Cameron Young is so close to that first win. Same for Zalatoris. Cantlay is class of field on paper and Troy Merritt has always played well here.

Putting combos of Zalatoris, Cam Young, Cam Davis, Merritt....and another crack at the kid Cole Hammer on my lineups this week. For those that do FD....Nate Lashley is a good cheap play as well with great course history.

Looks like DL3 sucked the life out of Cam Young and Zalatoris. Hard to get going watching a guy make so many bogies.

• Like 1

Davis Love III says he could see players coming together to ‘boycott’ a major if governing bodies do not ban LIV golfers from competing in them.

Here is the dumbest thing ever said by a tour player. I knew Davis was stupid but not this stupid. LIV players have won 21 of the last 50 majors, half of last years PGA Tour bonus winners now are with LIV.

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Never out of when you are playing on pitch and putt golf courses. Another good week.

I've been on the Cam Young train all season on Fanduel and will keep riding him. Not a bad little payback for me this week.

Agree with you though. Driver...SW....rinse wash repeat. Especially on tracks like that. 

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been on the Cam Young train all season on Fanduel and will keep riding him. Not a bad little payback for me this week.

Agree with you though. Driver...SW....rinse wash repeat. Especially on tracks like that. 

Most on tour are anymore. Just a Handful of good ones left.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

5 players finish 20 under or better.  Every player that makes the cut finishes under par.  How do we make the courses tougher for today's players?

My very amateur opinion. Firm greens, narrow fairways, and thick roughs. Also...there are several stops on the tour that might need to be evaluated again. Almost like Crooked Stick here in town. I remember Tiger saying if you didn't shoot 66 you were getting lapped. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

5 players finish 20 under or better.  Every player that makes the cut finishes under par.  How do we make the courses tougher for today's players?

Play better courses. There are plenty of great ones here. The issue is they dont want to give up their course to the tour for 2 weeks. Then they do dumb stuff like give up Doral because Trump bought it. Hell even all the TPC's they play are outdated.  Even The Players.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My very amateur opinion. Firm greens, narrow fairways, and thick roughs. Also...there are several stops on the tour that might need to be evaluated again. Almost like Crooked Stick here in town. I remember Tiger saying if you didn't shoot 66 you were getting lapped. 

Thick rough doesnt bother these players. It's the flier rough that gets them pulling their hair out. Most courses they play they wont let the tour stress the course out.

• Like 2

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2022/08/01/liv-golf-invitational-series-donald-trump-meaningless-exhibition/10208253002/

The third LIV Golf exhibition happened this past weekend in New Jersey at Trump National Golf Club Bedminster where somebody won the tournament and took home a lot of money.

I'm sure some teams also won a good chunk of money for getting the best scores.

Oh, and other players who didn't come close to winning still likely won a bunch of money, too.

All of that is probably forgotten now by most sports fans because what happens at LIV Golf events really doesn't matter. There is no meaning to any of it. They are watered down exhibitions played over three days with no cut and no reason to care who lifts a trophy on the final day.

There is no spark. There is no history. There is nothing that comes even remotely close to connecting fans with the players because how is one supposed to care at all about some golfer winning more money for their bank account?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2022/08/01/liv-golf-invitational-series-donald-trump-meaningless-exhibition/10208253002/

The third LIV Golf exhibition happened this past weekend in New Jersey at Trump National Golf Club Bedminster where somebody won the tournament and took home a lot of money.

Oh, and other players who didn't come close to winning still likely won a bunch of money, too.

All of that is probably forgotten now by most sports fans because what happens at LIV Golf events really doesn't matter. There is no meaning to any of it. They are watered down exhibitions played over three days with no cut and no reason to care who lifts a trophy on the final day.

There is no spark. There is no history. There is nothing that comes even remotely close to connecting fans with the players because how is one supposed to care at all about some golfer winning more money for their bank account?

I agree.

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm all for people getting their $....but that doesn't mean me as a golf consumer has to watch a clown show. No intentions of watching that stuff.

Last week for Nick Faldo before he retires to Montana. Will really miss him in the booth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was 13 years old in 94 when MLB went on that strike, that in my young, impressionable heart and mind felt like sad greed ruining this natural sport I loved.  Does this feel similar to you guys?

MLB strike of 1994 still impacting the game today - cleveland.com

In my 2 cent opinion before I head out for the day. This has nothing to do with growing the game. Just creating division, gaining control,etc.....offering $800M to a guy they know can only play a few rounds a year? Haha....that's just a move to try and gain control. Pure and simple. 

LIV will be fine. The $/ego there is so huge they won't ever stop doing their side. It's just something I'll never choose to watch. 

• Like 1