The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/28/2020 at 9:07 AM, NotIThatLives said:

I wish IU could turn some corner like Wisconsin always seems to.  I watched them against a mediocre NC st team and declared them the worst Wisconsin team in 15 years.  Even went back and looked at their recruiting over that time period and proved myself correct.  What they have done and the individual player improvement is astonishing.  

Everything they do that's made them successful used to be what made our program great. It's both sad and scary how we've gone so far in the wrong direction. 

We all complain about Archie always subs after the first time out but Izzo does the same thing.  today they get out to 17-5 lead at Maryland and after the firs time out he subs out 2 players.  They had scored 17 points in less than 5 minutes and since then  they have scored 13 in the next 12 minutes.  I just don't understand why coaches sub like this when you have the rhythm going.

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You all are ignoring how pathetically weak the Pac is.

...and it isn't like there was no talent at UCLA. Alford just couldn't coach what he had.

Doesn't matter...Mick is doing a fantastic job with the hand he was dealt.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Sure it matters when it's being used as a club on IU's coach. I'll bet the UCLA players didn't have to learn a completely different style of basketball either.

While we're at it, let's agree to revisit this in a couple of years to see what his trajectory is. Awfully early to pronounce him as excellent. Let's see how he improves season to season.  He may do well, but he also wouldn't be the first coach to come out rolling only to fade later.

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Sure it matters when it's being used as a club on IU's coach. I'll bet the UCLA players didn't have to learn a completely different style of basketball either.

While we're at it, let's agree to revisit this in a couple of years to see what his trajectory is. Awfully early to pronounce him as excellent. Let's see how he improves season to season.  He may do well, but he also wouldn't be the first coach to come out rolling only to fade later.

I know IU and UCLA are different situations.

And I am not saying anything other than Mick has done a fine job in his first year.  Hell, the Bruins were dead in the water a few months ago.  

31 minutes ago, rico said:

I agree that Cronin has turned them around after an abysmal start...

But as @FKIM01 said, he did inherit talent...4 top 50 and 7 top 100 guys...

But no denying, Cronin can coach...

Archived