Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
rogue3542

Who's Going to the NW Game?

Recommended Posts

From what I can tell, IU is marketing this game hard.  They have multiple promotions going on, and I've seen several billboards around 465 in Indianapolis counting down to the game.

I'll be there.  Who else is going?  I'm pumped for this game and think the atmosphere will be one of the best we've seen in years.

Also, what are your attendance predictions for Saturday? 

I'm going to guess 45,000.  Night game; bowl eligible - I think attendance will be pretty good, but I think we are at least another winning season away from selling out.  I hope it's more!

If just half the people who spend the whole time tailgating went to the actual game, we'd sell out every time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

From what I can tell, IU is marketing this game hard.  They have multiple promotions going on, and I've seen several billboards around 465 in Indianapolis counting down to the game.

I'll be there.  Who else is going?  I'm pumped for this game and think the atmosphere will be one of the best we've seen in years.

Also, what are your attendance predictions for Saturday? 

I'm going to guess 45,000.  Night game; bowl eligible - I think attendance will be pretty good, but I think we are at least another winning season away from selling out.  I hope it's more!

If just half the people who spend the whole time tailgating went to the actual game, we'd sell out every time...

 Night game and 6 wins? I’ll be curious to see what the crowd looks like. Would be big for you guys if you can sell out. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Why can’t this game sell out?

I mean, I'd love for it to sell out; I just don't think it's going to happen.  

It would be great to be pleasantly surprised though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I mean, I'd love for it to sell out; I just don't think it's going to happen.  

It would be great to be pleasantly surprised though.

I think there’d be a much better chance if it was a month ago with better weather honestly. Obvious I know haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be there!  🙋🏼‍♀️

Not sure how this may or may not play into the attendance, but I got our tickets a few weeks back as it’s the game that was selected for Knothole Club members (free IU kids club) to get free kids tickets to.  There is also a tour of memorial stadium as part of that package too which I’m really looking forward to.

I’m actually curious if some may have gotten tickets for the game through that for their kids but the late starting time might cause them not to go??  My kids’ dad was going back and forth. I told him we’re going and staying for the whole game.... and if he doesn’t want to do that he can stay home with them and I’ll go by myself 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going if any last chance efforts to settle Chicago teachers strike today doesn't work. Good friend of mine's kid opens Saturday against one of the schools impacted by strike. If they resolve and can still practice today....I'm headed to his game and headed to bar up there for IU. If high school game doesn't happen...I'm headed down to Bloomington. Almost win/win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I AM GOING !

To watch on TV.  However, I will be with you in spirit. And cheering for our Hoosiers right along with all of you in the great Memorial Stadium !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

We will be there. This year we’ve made every home game. 
 

Still deciding on the menu for the tailgate. 

Perhaps beer and BBQ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Perhaps beer and BBQ? 

Took the words out of my mouth.  What's not  to expect with a username like  BeerBq ?  Go HOOSIERS !  Great wishes for all that are able to go to the game.  Stay safe getting to the game.  WIsh I could join you all, sometime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Reacher said:

Perhaps beer and BBQ? 

 

11 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Took the words out of my mouth.  What's not  to expect with a username like  BeerBq ?  Go HOOSIERS !  Great wishes for all that are able to go to the game.  Stay safe getting to the game.  WIsh I could join you all, sometime.

I walked into that one. There will definitely be some beer there, but BBQ is a bit trickier. Good BBQ takes time and tailgating is usually pretty quick. These noon kickoffs have been tough so the griddle has come in handy. I’m excited to have a little more time this week. 
 

Go Hoosiers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and a buddy bought tix after the nebraska game. I really want to see a 7th win live and in person if at all possible! Seemed like tix were going fast on stub hub...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...