Wisconsin Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUskim said:

So isn’t it worse for them? Weren’t they supposed to be one of the best in the country, and getting handled at home by Illinois?

I've been flipping back and forth.  The difference is Maryland is playing their butts off and can't make a shot.  Just cannot make wide open shots today.  I bet they win that game.

5 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

In all seriousness this actually could be good.  If you're going to have a clunker it's better to have it on the road.  They probably weren't going to win this one anyway.  Now he can pull this out any time they get too big for their britches.  This is one of the worst efforts in IU history.  From a pure effort standpoint, rivals the end of the Knight years at Minnesota.  You just have to try hard in this league, every game or you get it handed to you.

You can't be serious? This is not a vintage good wisconsin team. This game most certainty should have been winnable.

2 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

I've been flipping back and forth.  The difference is Maryland is playing their butts off and can't make a shot.  Just cannot make wide open shots today.  I bet they win that game.

But I thought they were more liable to make them at home??

1 minute ago, Bedford1432 said:

You can't be serious? This is not a vintage good wisconsin team. This game most certainty should have been winnable.

I didn't expect a win.  I expected a very narrow loss in this game.  So from my standpoint, it's 0-1 either way.  This will be great motivational material for coach Miller and will take a lot of pressure off these guys as it's now clear expectations were too high. 

Just now, IUskim said:

But I thought they were more liable to make them at home??

They are.  Small sample size.  Although to be fair, Illinois has contested shots pretty well.  I'm talking about wide open shots.  Anyway, doesn't really matter what we think, if IU players are what we all hope they are, they're humiliated and will bounce back and win some conference games.  North Alabama and Wisconsin are two different animals.

4 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Sorry I just seen score and thought it was at Illi. Edited my post. But just saying every team has issues and not going to be top of their game. But pretty poor effort today!

Yea I really didnt expect a win today.  However the effort and the fact we are getting blown out by a 4-4 team is hard to take.  

Let's hope this humbling beat down is a wake up call.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived