Wisconsin Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

There’s a big difference between practice and a game. Some of those shots did get contested. They just made them.

Playing at home, guys are pretty likely to make wide open 3s.  Maybe on the road they're a little tighter.  I do think scheduling philosophy needs to change.  Why not play a few tough non conference games?  Everyone else does.  This is really embarrassing and a major, major setback.  Very unlikely it would have been this bad if they had played some tougher competition.  I got tired of ESPN bringing up the schedule in the FSU game but you have to give them credit, it's really come home to roost.

2 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

Well, that depends on what your hopes/expectations are for the season..  The big concern is this Wisconsin team is one of the worst in the Big Ten.  Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Iowa- these are going to be tough.  Total lack of effoty today should be concerning for coach Miller.  Then again, this team was picked 9th by the writers in the conference, so maybe expectations were too high.  a .500 record in conference would be a major achievement in my book.

I said 500 in conference and making the tourney would be a successful season. People let their expectations get put of whack again . Even going 500 may be difficult seeing how good the top big ten teams are.

10 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

It is odd that we have been really good defensively and UW just scored close to their game average in a half.

that is spot on. unit cohesion on d was great! there was barely a shot that didn’t have more than a few inches of separation. badgers are outta their minds shooting. 

2 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

I said 500 in conference and making the tourney would be a successful season. People let their expectations get put of whack again . Even going 500 may be difficult seeing how good the top big ten teams are.

I'd consider 8-12 in conference pretty good for this team.  The conference schedule is very difficult this year.

1 minute ago, bobtcat2 said:

Playing at home, guys are pretty likely to make wide open 3s.  Maybe on the road they're a little tighter.  I do think scheduling philosophy needs to change.  Why not play a few tough non conference games?  Everyone else does.  This is really embarrassing and a major, major setback.  Very unlikely it would have been this bad if they had played some tougher competition.  I got tired of ESPN bringing up the schedule in the FSU game but you have to give them credit, it's really come home to roost.

Next years non conference schedule is tougher. 

3 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

I'd consider 8-12 in conference pretty good for this team.  The conference schedule is very difficult this year.

Put your money where your mouth is. Need a mod to back this.

if we get 8 wins I donate $100 to St Jude. If we get more YOU do. 

If either doesn’t post the receipt they’re banned for life.

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

Put your money where your mouth is. Need a mod to back this.

if we get 8 wins I donate $100 to St Jude. If we get more YOU do. 

If either doesn’t post the receipt they’re banned for life.

How about this- let's make it NINE wins is a push.  10 and more you win.  8 or fewer I do.  With 20 conference games, sounds good to me.  St. Jude uses a pretty high amount of donations for administrative expenses, would rather a different charity, but OK.

Just now, bobtcat2 said:

How about this- let's make it NINE wins is a push.  10 and more you win.  8 or fewer I do.  With 20 conference games, sounds good to me.  St. Jude uses a pretty high amount of donations for administrative expenses, would rather a different charity, but OK.

We’ll discuss after game

Archived