2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Just now, btownqb said:

Dang man, he did go 19/21 lol and one of the misses was from 53. Yes, I would like a little more of a threat from that position, but I thought we filled the spot pretty well after Rod was hurt. 

Either way, our SPT is legit and that's after two fumbled punts by Hines. I'm still pissed about those. 

Our special teams this year was special for sure I just dont like the thought of having a 50 plus yarder for a win or having to keep going on 4th and 2 out of fear that we don't have the leg to get it there. Anything over 45 all year long I was worried about. We have been spoiled though

As I first suspected when this search began, they seem to have absolutely no idea what the hell they  are doing. It seems to make no sense...they still have a bunch of GM candidates they haven't interviewed, and have now pushed back Brown to Monday, the same day Eberflus is now interviewing for second time...

I am hoping there is something happening behind the scene that will be revealed to make this all make sense after search is complete, meanwhile I just keep shaking my head.

Edited by FritzIam4IU

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ugh

I think Jags will probably still end up hiring Leftwich, but Eberflus must be doing a great job on his interviews. I can't speak for Jags, but he wasn't considered one of the favorites when Bears started their search.

On a side note Eberflus sounds like a name out of Harry Potter. Professor Eberflus, the new potions instructor. 

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

As I first suspected when this search began, they seem to have absolutely no idea what the hell they  are doing. It seems to make no sense...they still have a bunch of GM candidates they haven't interviewed, and have now pushed back Brown to Monday, the same day Eberflus is now interviewing for second time...

I am hoping there is something happening behind the scene that will be revealed to make this all make sense after search is complete, meanwhile I just keep shaking my head.

Once I heard Polian was involved I can assure you of this. He's going to methodically interview as many people as possible or suggest they interview to leave no stone unturned. I listened to him speak once on the process involved in just taking Edge over Rickey Williams. Weeks of tape and interviews.

This process seems exactly like something he would do and I don't mind it honestly. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Once I heard Polian was involved I can assure you of this. He's going to methodically interview as many people as possible or suggest they interview to leave no stone unturned. I listened to him speak once on the process involved in just taking Edge over Rickey Williams. Weeks of tape and interviews.

This process seems exactly like something he would do and I don't mind it honestly. 

Don't get me wrong. I am glad a football guy is sitting in to facilitate things. My concern is that they still have 6 (I believe) GM candidates to interview and are scheduling second interviews for head coach on Monday.

Unless is it Harbaugh, I don't want the Bears to hire a head coach before a GM. That is similar to what happened when they forced Fox on Pace. Hire the GM and let them have final say on the head coach.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Don't get me wrong. I am glad a football guy is sitting in to facilitate things. My concern is that they still have 6 (I believe) GM candidates to interview and are scheduling second interviews for head coach on Monday.

Unless is it Harbaugh, I don't want the Bears to hire a head coach before a GM. That is similar to what happened when they forced Fox on Pace. Hire the GM and let them have final say on the head coach.

My guess is they keep interviewing so many to narrow the list of the type of coaches/gm's that would pair well together from a philosophical approach in coaching, drafts, salary cap,etc...and after that they'll have a final 2-3 pairs to choose from. 

Good thing is nobody else has hired yet either so we aren't losing out on people....yet. Haha.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My guess is they keep interviewing so many to narrow the list of the type of coaches/gm's that would pair well together from a philosophical approach in coaching, drafts, salary cap,etc...and after that they'll have a final 2-3 pairs to choose from. 

Good thing is nobody else has hired yet either so we aren't losing out on people....yet. Haha.

I believe the Giants are onto second round of GM interviews and Vikings just finished their 8th and final first GM interview today. Things should get rolling this weekend/next week.

After Dodds withdrew, I think my two favorites for GM are Smith and Kahn. Wolfe and Poles are interesting as well.

Wolfe is the only one of those who has had an interview thus far. Actually, I don't even see the other 3 scheduled yet.

You have any favorite(s)  you are rooting for?

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I believe the Giants are onto second round of GM interviews and Vikings just finished their 8th and final first GM interview today. Things should get rolling this weekend/next week.

After Dodds withdrew, I think my two favorites for GM are Smith and Kahn. Wolfe and Poles are interesting as well.

Wolfe is the only one of those who has had an interview thus far. Actually, I don't even see the other 3 scheduled yet.

You have any favorite(s)  you are rooting for?

Not leaning specifically a way yet but Eliot Wolf/Brian Flores combination wouldn't be bad. Hard not to like what Schoen/Daboll/Dorsey combo could bring to the joint too.

I'm still on the fence with Harbaugh. Sometimes I say yes...other times no. He usually wears out his welcome in about 4-5 seasons. I'd really like to see if we can hit on a long term combination for once. 

• Like 1