2023 NFL Discussion

rico

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Please hire Eberflus

Of the ten head coaching candidates the Bears are interviewing...I would not be unhappy with Eberflus. He is kind of middle of the pack for me...I would take him over Leslie Frasier and Caldwell for sure.

I am rooting for the Bears to hire Dodds for GM.

Here is the updated spreadsheet for any interested in the 15 general manager candidates and 10 head coaching candidates plus their interview dates...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13A8xSc9-AOnuNacziYlKdhBOqOmcqsQ-_yWHfxTlClE/edit#gid=0

Edited by FritzIam4IU

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Heard a good one on Bob and Tom this morning. Philadelphia would have been better off starting the Hotel California Eagles last weekend. 

Tom Hanks in the Movie Philadelphia looked better than the Eagles. 

Haha, yeah we didn't look great in our PLAYOFF game. Hopefully we do a better job with our 3 first round picks 🤣.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

For the Colts fans...

Would love for him to get that job.  I would think the Jags would remember how bad his defense was in the last game of the year.  His defense doesn't get pressure on the QB.  Also they give up high completion percentages.  If it wasn't for Leonard creating so many turnovers the defense would hav been atrocious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

So two NFL organizations giving Eber a longgg look. Interesting. 

Exactly.  It’s one thing to evaluate a former head coach because there is at least a track record.  

But when it comes to a coordinator, fans are totally in the dark.  Yet, people hilariously try to pass judgement.  The fans aren’t sitting in the interviews.  There is no way to know what’s being discussed.  If you want to look at a coordinator’s unit’s rankings, that’s only one thing.  It’s by definition constrained by the talent on the field.  

In reality, fans have no idea what kind of plan the assistant is offering.  Does he have a great staff ready and a good plan?  If your staff sucks, you aren’t going to succeed.  How do they answer questions about philosophies, etc.?   How is he standing in front of grown men, and leading.  How intelligent is he in adapting to circumstances?  Or is he a cave man, wedded to his scheme no matter what the bleep is happening on the field.  

Fans have zero idea what’s happening.  Yet, they try to pass judgement based on very little information.   Ultimately, two franchises seemed to like Eberflus’ interview.  

Incidentally, you can apply this, although to a lesser degree, to player acquisition whether it’s recruiting in college or the draft in the pros.  Sure, we can look at clips on YouTube but we don’t know how the kid is wired.  Is he all in, or a knucklehead?  Does he want to work extra hard or play video games and rest on his accolades as an athlete.  At these levels, this stuff can make the difference.  I have said it many times, we have no choice but to trust the staff because they have information we don’t have.  We can root for landing a kid the staff prioritized.  I’m some cases, we might know a kid better than most because he’s in the eye, you hear about the work, etc.  But that’s not always the case.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Exactly.  It’s one thing to evaluate a former head coach because there is at least a track record.  

But when it comes to a coordinator, fans are totally in the dark.  Yet, people hilariously try to pass judgement.  The fans aren’t sitting in the interviews.  There is no way to know what’s being discussed.  If you want to look at a coordinator’s unit’s rankings, that’s only one thing.  It’s by definition constrained by the talent on the field.  

In reality, fans have no idea what kind of plan the assistant is offering.  Does he have a great staff ready and a good plan?  If your staff sucks, you aren’t going to succeed.  How do they answer questions about philosophies, etc.?   How is he standing in front of grown men, and leading.  How intelligent is he in adapting to circumstances?  Or is he a cave man, wedded to his scheme no matter what the bleep is happening on the field.  

Fans have zero idea what’s happening.  Yet, they try to pass judgement based on very little information.   Ultimately, two franchises seemed to like Eberflus’ interview.  

Incidentally, you can apply this, although to a lesser degree, to player acquisition whether it’s recruiting in college or the draft in the pros.  Sure, we can look at clips on YouTube but we don’t know how the kid is wired.  Is he all in, or a knucklehead?  Does he want to work extra hard or play video games and rest on his accolades as an athlete.  At these levels, this stuff can make the difference.  I have said it many times, we have no choice but to trust the staff because they have information we don’t have.  We can root for landing a kid the staff prioritized.  I’m some cases, we might know a kid better than most because he’s in the eye, you hear about the work, etc.  But that’s not always the case.  

This is really good

• Thanks 1

I meant to post this earlier. Did the Bills offense just play a perfect game. I have never heard of this before. 8 total possessions. The first 7 were TD's the 8th a kneel down. In those 8 possessions they never punted. Never even had a 4th down no field goals. That is as about as good as it gets and oh yeah it was against Belicheat. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I meant to post this earlier. Did the Bills offense just play a perfect game. I have never heard of this before. 8 total possessions. The first 7 were TD's the 8th a kneel down. In those 8 possessions they never punted. Never even had a 4th down no field goals. That is as about as good as it gets and oh yeah it was against Belicheat. 

They did. Then the Bills offensive coordinator, Daboll, had head coaching interviews with Bears and Dolphins the next day. If I were him I would just be like "So...did you watch the game last night?"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Heres to hoping the Colts get a guy that we can feel confident from 50. Everyone else seems to have 1. 

Dang man, he did go 19/21 lol and one of the misses was from 53. Yes, I would like a little more of a threat from that position, but I thought we filled the spot pretty well after Rod was hurt. 

Either way, our SPT is legit and that's after two fumbled punts by Hines. I'm still pissed about those.