2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Ok but that's an opinion. If you just go do your job with allegedly the best RB.. its a free point. 

I, personally, wouldn't have went for 2. There wasn't anything "wrong" with the decision. 

This. I'm not even saying that I would have done it, but it was a perfectly fine decision. 

Vrabel made perfectly fine decisions today, nothing wrong with his game. Cincinnati made some great plays, his QB made some mistakes, and they didn't execute a big 3rd/4th and 1 late in the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

That is your opinion and not fact which is fine but I disagree with opinion

Fine, I think very few football people would agree with you, but that is also my opinion. 

I don’t think any highlights of this game or post-game shows will even mention it, meaning it couldn't have been that bad of a decision.  

The CBS post-game hasn't mentioned that call or Vrabel's decision making at all. 

If Tannehill has an even remotely respectable game Tennessee wins. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This. I'm not even saying that I would have done it, but it was a perfectly fine decision. 

Vrabel made perfectly fine decisions today, nothing wrong with his game. Cincinnati made some great plays, his QB made some mistakes, and they didn't execute a big 3rd/4th and 1 late in the game. 

They were 1/8 on 3rd down. That's about the only stat to be stated here. 

@IU Scotteverything can be criticized looking through the rear view mirror. These decisions have to be made in a split second and you live and die with them. Vrabel has always been aggressive and this was definitely fitting for his personality. The decision was , try for 2 points from the 1 yard line with your powers back running the ball, or move the ball up 5 yards on a kickoff that likely is going in the end zone anyhow. Risk/ reward, I bet Vrabel makes the same decision 10 times out of 10.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

@IU Scotteverything can be criticized looking through the rear view mirror. These decisions have to be made in a split second and you live and die with them. Vrabel has always been aggressive and this was definitely fitting for his personality. The decision was , try for 2 points from the 1 yard line with your powers back running the ball, or move the ball up 5 yards on a kickoff that likely is going in the end zone anyhow. Risk/ reward, I bet Vrabel makes the same decision 10 times out of 10.

And, it's overall "importance" on the game, imo, was very little. 

Risk/Reward for sure favors going for 2. Again, I probably wouldn't have, but I think the majority of coaches go for it in Vrabel's shoes. 

• Like 1