2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yeah...One of the first times I got pissed at Nagy was the Bears trading him because "Howard didn't fit Nagy's system"...like anyone believed he had a legit system. Howard was a beast for the Bears.

It was like Groundhog's Day when the Bears traded away Olsen because he didn't "fit" the coaches scheme. And the Bears have sucked at TE since.

Howard can play for any team. I never understood the Bears bailing on him. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Howard can play for any team. I never understood the Bears bailing on him. 

Because Nagy is a tool and can't adjust his schemes to fit his roster. Don't get me started about Howard ha...I was LIVID when the Bears traded him for peanuts. Not just because he played for IU, but he was very good in his role with the Bears.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I saw a clip after the game of Bisaccia talking about the officiating.  He basically said that there were calls that favored both teams and he left it at that.  Sure, he was being gracious, I think, but also honest in his comments.

Bisaccia seems like a really cool dude.  Hope he gets that job full time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

His players say he is a phenomenal leader and great communicator.  I agree, he should get the job based on how they played down the stretch.

The Raiders have a good core and nucleus.   They could really make some noise the next few years if they tighten up a few areas, which is do-able.

The AFC is crazy deep with good, rising teams.  The NFC might have the best team in GB, but the AFC is a total gauntlet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The comment that I've heard more than once from the talking heads is that Davis, the owner, wants a Wow name HC.  That ain't Bisaccia.  Both Carr and their pro bowl defensive end/rusher spoke very highly of him and the job he did this season.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

Hey @BGleas, ain't looking good early.

Yeah, rough one. Luckily, I had zero expectations coming into the game so not too bothered. 

Hurts was really bad. A bogus holding call on Kelce late in the 1st half as the Eagles were driving really ended the game, and then Reagor's miffed punt. 

I'm still stunned and was at the time, that the Eagles who were desperate for a WR took Jalen Reagor one spot ahead of Justin Jefferson in the 2020 draft. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, rough one. Luckily, I had zero expectations coming into the game so not too bothered. 

Hurts was really bad. A bogus holding call on Kelce late in the 1st half as the Eagles were driving really ended the game, and then Reagor's miffed punt. 

I'm still stunned and was at the time, that the Eagles who were desperate for a WR took Jalen Reagor one spot ahead of Justin Jefferson in the 2020 draft. 

Shew. That, wow.... thats tough. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1