2023 NFL Discussion

rico

On 11/30/2021 at 3:33 PM, rico said:

You brought up Green Bay and Cleveland.  How about Frisco?  Raiders?  Miami?  

Probably only a handful of teams that DON'T need his services or wouldn't be an upgrade. Frisco spent a lot to land Lance so I'd count them out. Is Wilson much of an upgrade over Carr? Not sure at least not sure it would be worth parting with pieces to do it. Miami....definitely on the radar...just been a lot of talk surrounding Watson there....but I think there will be something of a qb carousel this offseason with a few big names like Rodgers and Wilson and Watson suffling the deck...and guys like Jimmy G, Tua, Baker, and probably even Matt Ryan who has a very tradable contract also on the move or possibly effected by a big move.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Probably only a handful of teams that DON'T need his services or wouldn't be an upgrade. Frisco spent a lot to land Lance so I'd count them out. Is Wilson much of an upgrade over Carr? Not sure at least not sure it would be worth parting with pieces to do it. Miami....definitely on the radar...just been a lot of talk surrounding Watson there....but I think there will be something of a qb carousel this offseason with a few big names like Rodgers and Wilson and Watson suffling the deck...and guys like Jimmy G, Tua, Baker, and probably even Matt Ryan who has a very tradable contract also on the move or possibly effected by a big move.

What about the Giants. O line is terrible but good back and if ever healthy good receiver corp

• Like 1

I don’t see Goff being the answer in Detroit. I could see them in the market for an upgrade. 

I also think Mayfield’s days are numbered in Cleveland. Ownership there has shown a willingness to spend money. As it stands, he is the 3rd best quarterback in the division, and if the Steelers upgrade, he’d be the worst 

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

Cowboys need to trade Zeke.

If I could find a team dumb enough to take on that contract or good portion of it I would. Trade him for secondary or additional line help. It's probably his injury but just eye testing things Pollard is so much more explosive than Zeke.

Probably only reason he's still playing is because of the contract. 

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/team-with-most-rush-attempts-2021

6th most attempts in the league. 3 of the teams in front of the Colts run their QBs, so not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but yeah 6th in attempts. 

Run the ball more, sure. JT doesn't need to be used anymore than he already is, though.

There have been FOUR NFL team's all year that have kept their starting RB healthy-- Pitt(which I'm sure they'll ruin Najee Harris's career just like LeVeon Bell's), Cowboys, Colts, and Chargers. Those teams aren't stupid enough to be someone like the Titans that ran Henry into the ground, Pitt probably will eventually. JT is second in the league in rushing attempts and he is second in the league in touches. He doesn't need the ball more, generally. He got 20 touches last week and coming off a week where he got it 35 times, crazy to expect that kind of usage to continue. 

Now.. I'm fine with running it more, but... it needs to be Hines/Mack/Dulin on jet sweeps, not JT. 

Play calling was so good on Sunday. We moved the ball absolutely all over TB, once we got away from the run heavy stuff early on. Hines fumbled a punt at the 10, Pascal fumbled a ball at our own 40/45. So, they drove 50 yards for 14 points... you don't beat good teams doing that. I guess Pittman lost the ball in the sun on the deep ball? Idk. That was a perfectly thrown ball and should have either been caught or a DPI... never, absolutely never should that ball have been picked off. Arians said post game they stacked the box all game and toward the end they went with a light box w/6 and they didn't expect us to run it at that point in the game. 

If we have to give the ball to JT more than we already do to win games, consistently, we aren't any good to begin with. We will absolutely ruin his career if we do that. 

Truthfully, as honest as I can be, I thought our play selection had zero effect outcome on the game on Sunday. Our turnovers did though. 

• Haha 1

Reich said the exact same thing Arians did, in the 4th they dropped into coverage in the 4th which allowed us to run it with ease. 

Later in the game, even if they'd show pressure or man, they were dropping out of it because there is no way they were going to leave their corners out to dry with Pittman and had already been beat deep by Dulin w/a lead in the 4th quarter. 

Of course it was easier to run the ball at that point. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Colts are 2-5 when JT gets 16 or less carries. They are 4-1 with JT getting more than 16 carries. 

He needs at least 22-25 carries a game. I guess athletes today has to be coddled more today than ever.  RB's has to have carry counts just like pitchers have pitch counts.  I rather get the greatness out of player rather than trying to get a clue more years of service from the player.  It is the coaches job to win games so I would do what it takes to win.  If that means JT carries 30 times a game do be it.  Just ask JT how many carries he would like and I bet he would want more

Most great running backs gets better the more touches they get.

Edited by IU Scott

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He needs at least 22-25 carries a game. I guess athletes today has to be coddled more today than ever.  RB's has to have carry counts just like pitchers have pitch counts.  I rather get the greatness out of player rather than trying to get a clue more years of service from the player.  It is the coaches job to win games so I would do what it takes to win.  If that means JT carries 30 times a game do be it.  Just ask JT how many carries he would like and I bet he would want more

Most great running backs gets better the more touches they get.

Thank God the Colts and Frank Reich don't think this way. 

I think we could stand to run the ball a little more....but I also think it wouldn't kill us to use Mack for 4-5 carries a game...he hasn't had a carry in what...a month.....basically since the trade deadline? Just give him a possession or drive or something in the second or third quarter and keep JT's legs fresh.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I think we could stand to run the ball a little more....but I also think it wouldn't kill us to use Mack for 4-5 carries a game...he hasn't had a carry in what...a month.....basically since the trade deadline? Just give him a possession or drive or something in the second or third quarter and keep JT's legs fresh.

Exactly what I said. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is why they are 6-6 and probably won't make the playoffs.  Again if you favor the wuussification of sports that is alright but it is killing Sports.  Just win

Lol there's zero of that going on. Truthfully, the opposite if anything. Everything has become way over the top. 

They are 6-6 because Wentz and the OL weren't healthy for training camp/the first three games. 

Look at the YPC avg once both tackles got healthy. Look at the opposing teams pressures, as well. 

We aren't 6-6 because of JTs "lack of carries." His 2nd in the league in touches and carries, literally 2nd. 

We also aren't a complete team.. we are desperately missing a corner and a 2nd WR. I don't think anyone thought we were SB bound this season. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Lol there's zero of that going on. Truthfully, the opposite if anything. Everything has become way over the top. 

They are 6-6 because Wentz and the OL weren't healthy for training camp/the first three games. 

Look at the YPC avg once both tackles got healthy. Look at the opposing teams pressures, as well. 

We aren't 6-6 because of JTs "lack of carries." His 2nd in the league in touches and carries, literally 2nd. 

We also aren't a complete team.. we are desperately missing a corner and a 2nd WR. I don't think anyone thought we were SB bound this season. 

It is sad that 16-17 carries is second in the NFL