2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I think we (me being an Eagles fan and most of you Colts fans) can agree the trade has worked well for both teams. 

But with that said, we're almost there. Gimme that 1st rounder!! 🤣

FB_IMG_1638892097989.jpg

It is one of those rare times that both teams should be happy with the trade. Colts got their franchise QB and the Eagles get another first round pick to go with theirs and the Dolphins. 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think we (me being an Eagles fan and most of you Colts fans) can agree the trade has worked well for both teams. 

But with that said, we're almost there. Gimme that 1st rounder!! 🤣

FB_IMG_1638892097989.jpg

Outside of injury, this was always going to be a 1st rounder. The more and more I watch Wentz, the more I'm happy with this trade. In Indy, we aren't asking him to be the focal point of our offense. We need to find a serviceable WR2, grow Granson, and continue to stay healthy as a group and our offense will be just fine. 

I had no idea he was as athletic as he was. Dudes a legit good athlete at 6'5 240  

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Outside of injury, this was always going to be a 1st rounder. The more and more I watch Wentz, the more I'm happy with this trade. In Indy, we aren't asking him to be the focal point of our offense. We need to find a serviceable WR2, grow Granson, and continue to stay healthy as a group and our offense will be just fine. 

I had no idea he was as athletic as he was. Dudes a legit good athlete at 6'5 240  

Oh yeah, he's really athletic. A lot like Roethlisberger in his younger years where he could escape the pocket and turn bad situations into gains. 

I was always a Wentz fan with the Eagles. As much as he got hammered last season, the Eagles were completely decimated by injuries, especially on the offensive line. 

As for the Eagles, I love where we're at too. We have a solid team and will have 3 first rounders to add to it. The only real issue is that Hurts has played well enough to maybe not use those 1st rounders on a QB, but not well enough that you feel like you have your QB for the next 10 years. The questions on him haven't really be answered either way, which isn't good. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Oh yeah, he's really athletic. A lot like Roethlisberger in his younger years where he could escape the pocket and turn bad situations into gains. 

I was always a Wentz fan with the Eagles. As much as he got hammered last season, the Eagles were completely decimated by injuries, especially on the offensive line. 

As for the Eagles, I love where we're at too. We have a solid team and will have 3 first rounders to add to it. The only real issue is that Hurts has played well enough to maybe not use those 1st rounders on a QB, but not well enough that you feel like you have your QB for the next 10 years. The questions on him haven't really be answered either way, which isn't good. 

Make the roster good enough that you don't have to have an elite QB to win. Raegor hasn't worked at all. Build the OL. I think Hurts is a winnable QB. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Make the roster good enough that you don't have to have an elite QB to win. Raegor hasn't worked at all. Build the OL. I think Hurts is a winnable QB. 

The oline is actually fantastic, one of the best in the league. That's the big strength of the offense. Reagor hasn't worked, but Devonta Smith has been really good, and a couple of their later round skills guys are panning out. 

Agree on Hurts. You can win with him, probably not because of him, but the roster is good. My choice would be to add the 3 first rounders and run it back with Hurts. 

52 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That is the one thing holding the Colts offense back a little, a WR2 to take the top of the defense and to open it up for Pittman more. Also a more consistent pass catching TE, hopefully Granson becomes that guy. Colts have the number four scoring offense and if they take care of these two things they would have the best in the league in my opinion.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

The oline is actually fantastic, one of the best in the league. That's the big strength of the offense. Reagor hasn't worked, but Devonta Smith has been really good, and a couple of their later round skills guys are panning out. 

Agree on Hurts. You can win with him, probably not because of him, but the roster is good. My choice would be to add the 3 first rounders and run it back with Hurts. 

I don't think there really is a QB out there I would spend a 1st Rd pick on.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rico said:

I don't think there really is a QB out there I would spend a 1st Rd pick on.  

It would be a mistake to use all 3 imo. Not only like you said is there not a top qb to move up and pick but they have plenty of needs to fix. Also I don't know if you want to pay 3 first rd picks all hitting your cap the same year and having to reup them later at the same time. I imagine they use two and perhaps take a trade back or trade for a future pick/package. They are in a good spot to rebuild. That said the Jets and Giants could BOTH end up with two top 5 picks lol. That's just insane....one just took a qb and I think it might be safe to say the other is about to move off a top qb pick. Bears and Seahawks will ensure both NY teams will have plenty of ammo to get who they want.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It would be a mistake to use all 3 imo. Not only like you said is there not a top qb to move up and pick but they have plenty of needs to fix. Also I don't know if you want to pay 3 first rd picks all hitting your cap the same year and having to reup them later at the same time. I imagine they use two and perhaps take a trade back or trade for a future pick/package. They are in a good spot to rebuild. That said the Jets and Giants could BOTH end up with two top 5 picks lol. That's just insane....one just took a qb and I think it might be safe to say the other is about to move off a top qb pick. Bears and Seahawks will ensure both NY teams will have plenty of ammo to get who they want.

I agree

• Like 2

On 12/7/2021 at 11:39 AM, btownqb said:

Ballard showing why he gets football. If Wentz plays well it's worth a no brainer first round pick in the weakest qb draft in awhile....if Wentz didn't play well he'd retain the first and package something to find one. 

I don't think this trade happened by coincidence. Ballard always a couple moves ahead of folks. Philly though can take the pick and package if they want.

One of the rare win win for both sides depending on what Philly does with extra pick but right now the Colts can feel good they have QB1 for awhile after chasing the position for a few years since 12 quit.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Man what a terrible defensive performance by the Steelers so far. Hopefully they keep it up, Colts need a couple of these potential wildcard teams to start losing.

Father time is undefeated with the exception of one chap. I'm not a Ben fan whatsoever...but he looks either slow or bloated or him and Tomlin not on same page. 2 Super Bowl wins has him up there but he needs to finish it out and be done. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Father time is undefeated with the exception of one chap. I'm not a Ben fan whatsoever...but he looks either slow or bloated or him and Tomlin not on same page. 2 Super Bowl wins has him up there but he needs to finish it out and be done. 

He has always been one that looks a little out of shape but yeah tonight he looks old and like he has been on an eating binge lately. It looks like there is a little tension between him and Tomlin for some reason.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What am I missing with the Ravens/Browns game? Why is Cleveland favored outside of being at home? 

I understand the Ravens aren't perfect, personally I'm not at all certain how good they are. I'm not a Lamar fan, at all, but christ Cle? Idk

Browns getting injured players back?

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

What am I missing with the Ravens/Browns game? Why is Cleveland favored outside of being at home? 

I understand the Ravens aren't perfect, personally I'm not at all certain how good they are. I'm not a Lamar fan, at all, but christ Cle? Idk

I'm with you....along with San Fran down 2 secondary starters being the favorite on the road as well.