2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Especially while all those WR/TEs/RBs are on rookie contracts. 

Actually they've gone out and extended Sutton and Patrick but yeah....they have Sutton, Juedy, Patrick, Fant, J Williams....that is a ton of talent! Kind of like when Peyton landed there with Decker and the Thomas bros.

Talking Colts playoff hopes for a minute... 

-Steelers @Minnesota on TNF- Minnesota is a FG favorite as of now. I don' think Cook will be back, could be wrong there though. 

-SF @Cinci on Sun- Cinci is a 1pt favorite/pick em

If those two games go the Colts way, the Colts will be in the playoffs next week at this time. They will have a better winning % than Steelers and they will have a better conference record then the Bengals. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

-Steelers @Minnesota on TNF- Minnesota is a FG favorite as of now. I don' think Cook will be back, could be wrong there though. 

If those two games go the Colts way, the Colts will be in the playoffs next week at this time. They will have a better winning % than Steelers and they will have a better conference record then the Bengals. 

Colts have to just keep winning. Probably will come down to the Patriots.....I mean of course why not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

gotta win 3 of 4. 

I just feel like if they can beat the Patriots...that would likely mean we will be in a good spot with wins over them and Bills and whomever doesn't win that division...plus it would probably be a good sign that we are a good team capable of beating some of the better teams in the league and a contender as opposed to a pretender. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I just feel like if they can beat the Patriots...that would likely mean we will be in a good spot with wins over them and Bills and whomever doesn't win that division...plus it would probably be a good sign that we are a good team capable of beating some of the better teams in the league and a contender as opposed to a pretender. 

But.. if they win 3 of 4, they will have either beaten the Pats or beaten the best team in the NFC on the road, or both lol 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But.. if they win 3 of 4, they will have either beaten the Pats or beaten the best team in the NFC on the road, or both lol 

I forgot they play Arizona still. Some reason I thought they still had San Francisco but that was the road game in the rain. To me the NE game is still bigger....for conference and tie breaker purposes....I think there is a good chance we could perhaps get a road matchup against Tennessee if we can beat NE....which would be a good matchup for us.

Edited by dgambill

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

From the sounds of it Thielen is out for that game also. That hurts the Vikings since now they can just double Jefferson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

From the sounds of it Thielen is out for that game also. That hurts the Vikings since now they can just double Jefferson.

Thielen I heard was a high ankle sprain...probably multiple weeks. Not sure Vikings can keep this together...Cook, Thielen, and the mess on defensive line....Steelers coming off an emotional win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Thielen I heard was a high ankle sprain...probably multiple weeks. Not sure Vikings can keep this together...Cook, Thielen, and the mess on defensive line....Steelers coming off an emotional win.

Still though.. at home on TNF, but I agree with you. I hate watching the Steelers, it's like watching Iowa or Wisconsin but in NFL form. Yawwwwwwwwn 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Go Bengals!  :D

• Haha 1