2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is sad that 16-17 carries is second in the NFL

He avgs 20.5 touches a game. The games where he hasn't carried it a ton, we haven't had a good YPC. 

Plus early on(first 3 games) we didn't possess the ball, hardly at all, because the run game sucked.. because we had so many people out. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

So, by your stats they aren't getting hurt because of to many carries if 16 is second in the league.

What does this mean?

You asked.. why people aren't worried about QBs getting hurt compared to RBs... and I said half the leagues RBs are out. So, they are more worried about that because that's who's getting injured... not the QBs. The running backs. The running backs are getting hurt. 

Henry, Barkley, McCaffrey, Dobbins, Edwards, Edmonds, Cook, Carson, Mostert, Kamara, Carter, Swift, Montgomery, Jones, Harris, CEH, Gordon... I named those off the top of my head. 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Last time I checked that 40 passes to 16 rushes is not a balanced  offense.  I thought the game plan at Buffalo was a balanced offense

I agree, but that's not what I was responding to. 

I have said I'm fine with running it more, just doesn't HAVE to be by JT. There are other capable running backs. 

I also don't make it a habit of questioning people that have far superior knowledge on a subject than I do. That's just me. Whatever FR and company decide to do offensively, perfectly fine with me. They are very, very good at what they do. Sunday was much of the same sans the TOs. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He should not

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PaytWa00.htm.

Just look at the all the rushing attempt leaders and see how long they played.  Also notice most on this list did not miss a lot of games due to injury.  I think coddling players and putting them on restrictions get them hurt more than getting them ready for the physicality of the game. The restrictions on how much you can practice is getting them hurt because they are not ready to play the game.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Just look at the all the rushing attempt leaders and see how long they played.  Also notice most on this list did not miss a lot of games due to injury.  I think coddling players and putting them on restrictions get them hurt more than getting them ready for the physicality of the game. The restrictions on how much you can practice is getting them hurt because they are not ready to play the game.

Thats an opinion.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I love the way we use JT, and I wouldn't change much. 

I would change our 4 turnovers on Sunday though. You all can run JT until you're blue in the face and it isn't going to matter with 4 of those. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also.. I formation football is boring af. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Thats an opinion.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I love the way we use JT, and I wouldn't change much. 

I would change our 4 turnovers on Sunday though. You all can run JT until you're blue in the face and it isn't going to matter with 4 of those. 

All of those turnovers were because we were passing all the time. You had two int, one stripped sack and a WR fumble after a catch.  The more you run the less likely you turn the ball over.  I don't have a problem with passing the ball but don't be one dimensional where they can just tee off on you.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

All of those turnovers were because we were passing all the time. You had two int, one stripped sack and a WR fumble after a catch.  The more you run the less likely you turn the ball over.  I don't have a problem with passing the ball but don't be one dimensional where they can just tee off on you.

The Colts have never been close to one dimensional. 

No the turnovers were not a result of that. 

They were a result of a missed block, a WR flat out dropping a ball across the middle, and Pittman losing a ball in the sun. 

Wentz wasn't teed off on all game. So you don't want to take deep.shots to Pittman or throw short passes? 

Just now, btownqb said:

They were a result of a missed block, a WR flat out dropping a ball across the middle, and Pittman losing a ball in the sun. 

Wentz wasn't teed off on all game. So you don't want to take deep.shots to Pittman or throw short passes? 

I just said I don't mind passing the ball but when they know you are passing the ball(26) straight times it makes it harder.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't care if we run a wing T offense if you win.  I take results or style points

We will win. That's not going to be the issue, assuming we will have relative good health. 

Just don't assume those results were going to happen this year, I sure as heck didn't expect much this season. 

Plus.. we are 6-3 in our last 9. The three losses? All to divisional leaders. All in one score games. 

Play better, execute better. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

I just said I don't mind passing the ball but when they know you are passing the ball(26) straight times it makes it harder.

They didn't though. That's why it worked. The rpos were friggin great. 

They gave Wentz the passing option. Sure there's always play calls you wish you had over, that's every game. But to act like there was some abundance of them this game compared to any game? No I don't buy that at all. Our offense was REALLY  good... minus about 4 plays. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We will win. That's not going to be the issue, assuming we will have relative good health. 

Just don't assume those results were going to happen this year, I sure as heck didn't expect much this season. 

Plus.. we are 6-3 in our last 9. The three losses? All to divisional leaders. All in one score games. 

Play better, execute better. 

I expected them to win the division this year and at least win one playoff game this year.  Also I blame the 3 double digit leads we blew  on Frank's play calling.  I just guess where we differ is that I don't think Frank is a very good HC.  He  needs to turn the play calling over to the OC and worry about being a HC 

Edited by IU Scott

Just now, IU Scott said:

I expected them to win the division this year and at least win one playoff game this year.  Also I blame the 3 double digit leafs w have of Frank's at calling.  I just guess where we differ is that I don't think Frank is a very good HC.  He  needs to turn the play calling over to the OC and worry about being a HC 

Shew. Have a good night, Scott. 

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We only threw it 1 time over 35. 0 and 3 this year

We had 47 year old, 11 child bearing, Phillips Rivers. Along with Pittman being a rookie.

But.. play calling is an issue for you, yeah? 

It's not for me, doesn't make right but it seems that's where we are in this conversation. I think, Frank Reich is very good at what he does. I think our scheme is excellent. Now.. I dont think the personnel is perfect because friggin TY and PC can't stay healthy. 

The absolute only thing I wonder.. can we incorporate Hines more? Outside of returning punts it seems like he is good for our offense the more he touches it. I've not looked up anything to back that up. Simply my eyes seem to see that, absolutely could be wrong. 

More Granson moving forward, find another WR, get PC healthy(gulp). I feel those are more important then giving the ball to JT 7-10 more times a game. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Not going to get into this long term, and agree with you more than Scott, but you know better. The strip sack was more than a missed block. If an elite pass rusher has no concerns about protecting his gap, he is gonna go balls out rushing the passer. Fisher, who is good, but I don’t think he was ever 1st pick good, never had a chance. That play was absolutely due to the fact that the Bucs had zero respect for the Colts’ running game at that point in the game 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not going to get into this long term, and agree with you more than Scott, but you know better. The strip sack was more than a missed block. If an elite pass rusher has no concerns about protecting his gap, he is gonna go balls out rushing the passer. Fisher, who is good, but I don’t think he was ever 1st pick good, never had a chance. That play was absolutely due to the fact that the Bucs had zero respect for the Colts’ running game at that point in the game 

That was like 4 plays into the half?