• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PoHoosier said:

Please.

Just let me hate Purdue.

I want to.

It's rivalry hate.

You can hate Purdue and still admit that they beat us once and whipped us like a government mule once. Nothing wrong with admitting reality. Doesn't mean you have to be happy about it,but doesn't mean you have to pretend it didn't happen.

12 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

You can hate Purdue and still admit that they beat us once and whipped us like a government mule once. Nothing wrong with admitting reality. Doesn't mean you have to be happy about it,but doesn't mean you have to pretend it didn't happen.

Admission would end at 'yes' or 'no' for me.  I will not deny fact.  The respect / love for PU here disgusts me sometimes.  It would be easier to stomach if it started with, "though I still hate Turdue..." Or some equivalent...

Perhaps, some of it comes from the double edged sword.  While our team is having a, uh, um, a sub-optimal season, our rival isn't.

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think Karma is coming back full force over the laugh at Purdue thread which I was very active in as were many others.Cuss out Haarmes= game winner.  Unfortunately I see this playing out that we beat MSU and help give PU at least a share of the title. To top everything else off for us this is the year that they make it to the FF. 

Image result for dr evil right

If that were true, we'd go undefeated every year from all the crap that is spewed by Purdue fans.

16 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Admission would end at 'yes' or 'no' for me.  I will not deny fact.  The respect / love for PU here disgusts me sometimes.  It would be easier to stomach if it started with, "though I still hate Turdue..." Or some equivalent...

Perhaps, some of it comes from the double edged sword.  While our team is having a, uh, um, a sub-optimal season, our rival isn't.

The opposite of love isn't hate. It's indifference. I'd love nothing more than grinding Purdue into a pulp in any sport. But why give them the satisfaction of knowing they're hated? On game day, or a few days leading up to it, absolutely, go nuts. But reiterateing it over and over only legitimizes your opponent.

1 hour ago, PoHoosier said:

Please.

Just let me hate Purdue.

I want to.

It's rivalry hate.

It's easy. I do. Mostly because of their fans. Painter seems like a pretty good guy. Different expectations there though. Saying anything else but that is foolish. Crean was fired because of plenty but at the end of the day he was fired for not winning on a high level consistently. Looks to me based on past 6-7 years Purdue doesn't have same expectations. 

Sooooo, I'm feeling led to jump in. I did not attend PU or IU but an NAIA school. I CHOSE to be an IU fan because at the time IU played basketball like basketball was supposed to be played. So not being a fickle fan I have remained loyal even after all of these years of IU not playing like it is supposed to be played!!!!! That being said, I am also a fan of the BIG, especially now that I live in SEC land! So I will root for any BIG team that is not playing IU! Ironically, I dislike Wisconsin for the same reasons I grew to love IU. The Grinch and his teams were very much like coach Knights teams, beating better teams with lesser players by playing solid team basketball. Worse, my Mother and Father were both UW grads and my Grandfather was a Dean at UW!! But they beat IU consistently, which is why I dislike them! !! Still, I will root for IU, but I will not root against BIG teams!

Sorry, but that is just me. 

Why do I keep forgetting it was Chris Beard's Arkansas Little Rock team that knocked off Purdue in 1st round in 2016. I remember Beard's team beating Purdue last year but always forget the ALR team. Maybe they get seeded in same region again? I guess I could see Tech move up to 2 line. With Purdue's remaining schedule I could see maintaining 3 seed.

58 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Why do I keep forgetting it was Chris Beard's Arkansas Little Rock team that knocked off Purdue in 1st round in 2016. I remember Beard's team beating Purdue last year but always forget the ALR team. Maybe they get seeded in same region again? I guess I could see Tech move up to 2 line. With Purdue's remaining schedule I could see maintaining 3 seed.

A lot of these seedings are gonna come down to the CT's.  Minus the Pac-12, all the other power conferences are coming down to the wire as far as determining a regular season champ.

But it does appear that Beard has Purdue's number....I wonder where he got that from?  LOL

13 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I really don't think the issue is who beat who in a given year, so much. It is what it is this year.

The bigger deal for me is how much run Purdue gets on this board. For a forum that is supposed to be an IU sports forum for IU fans, way too much conversation happens on here regarding PU. Other than when we are playing them, I really could care less about their school, team, coaches , players or fans. I think what those that are speaking out about this (the Purdue haters, as one person called it) are really just aggravated that too many threads get sidetracked to discussion about a school that is supposed to be our biggest rival. 

Similar to the IU venting thread, I think that there should just be one thread devoted to whoever feels it necessary to talk about Purdue. Let all the conversation about them reside there, and make a conscious effort to not allow other threads to be sent off track. 

The only other solution I can think of is for the mods to develop some type of function, almost like a trapdoor, so that when someone starts on the whole Purdue thing, they get moved over to the GBI board where they belong.

RJ Barrett looking very Romeo-esque without Zion out there. Duke is a bad shooting team and Barrett has nowhere to go without Zion drawing attention. His first basket was right at the end of the first half. 

Only difference is Barrett has come out extremely aggressive in the second half, already making two shots at the basket. But, VT is doing to him what teams have been to Langford. 

Archived