Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm not unhappy with that. Turdue is fools gold. One off game by Cline and Edward's and they'll get smoked in a tournament. 

I feel like this Purdue team could get hot and go on a run and win 3 or 4 games in the tournament or I could easily see them losing in the first or second round. Neither would surprise me. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I feel like this Purdue team could get hot and go on a run and win 3 or 4 games in the tournament or I could easily see them losing in the first or second round. Neither would surprise me. 

Yeah, my Dad has been saying that since 1980.

Just now, rico said:

Looks to me like Purdue has the wrong guys shooting the ball.  Edwards 7-29, 3-14 from behind the arc.  Haarms 1-8.  But the Boilers lost the game at the stripe...9-18, however Minny got to the line 36 times.

Can’t win games shooting that poorly from the line. And doesn’t help when Coffey shot as many free throws as our entire team. 

3 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Several games to pay attention to now. 

Minnesota. Ole Miss. Oklahoma. Alabama.  Utah State. 

To sum up the night:

Good: Xavier, Ole Miss, Alabama lose.

Bad: Minnesota, Oklahoma, Utah State win.

Minnesota and Oklahoma likely punched their tickets tonight.

7 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

To sum up the night:

Good: Xavier, Ole Miss, Alabama lose.

Bad: Minnesota, Oklahoma, Utah State win.

Minnesota and Oklahoma likely punched their tickets tonight.

All about perspective. Decent change we play MN in the first game of BTT, so that's another chance to pick up a great win. 

42 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Turns out Purdue is eliminated from the 1 seed now. We would have one of the Michigan’s waiting for us. One that outclassed us twice, or one who we’d be trying to beat for the third time. 

Good news is that if we could pull a win out, that would pretty much clinch a tournament berth. And a close loss isn't a backbreaker either.

6 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Turns out Purdue is eliminated from the 1 seed now. We would have one of the Michigan’s waiting for us. One that outclassed us twice, or one who we’d be trying to beat for the third time. 

This is if we assume we get the 8/9 seed right? I know we don't want to lose but the path at 11 or even 10 seed is almost a better chance for multiple BTT wins. 

Carsen seems like a good player, fine kid. As we said last month in this thread or another...I'll take Yogi all day long. You can't keep having these type of games. 7-31? That means not only do you suck at shooting.....but you continue to think by shooting more it's the best option. Shows honestly some pretty extreme selfishness. Why not feed Cline? Or anyone besides you at that point.

3/16, 6/18, 6/16, 4/19, 6-20, 4-24, 8-27, 3-16, 7-31.....9 games. Not some random stat where I pull 3 games to highlight my point. This is 9 games. Yep. I'll take Yogi all day long. 

PS-Kudos to Hairms for not swinging on idiot fan running straight up to his face with double barrel solute. It's going to happen eventually somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Carsen seems like a good player, fine kid. As we said last month in this thread or another...I'll take Yogi all day long. You can't keep having these type of games. 7-31? That means not only do you suck at shooting.....but you continue to think by shooting more it's the best option. Shows honestly some pretty extreme selfishness. Why not feed Cline? Or anyone besides you at that point.

3/16, 6/18, 6/16, 4/19, 6-20, 4-24, 8-27, 3-16, 7-31.....9 games. Not some random stat where I pull 3 games to highlight my point. This is 9 games. Yep. I'll take Yogi all day long. 

Evidently Carsen considers himself the only offensive option on the team...

Just now, rico said:

Evidently Carsen considers himself the only offensive option on the team...

Painter essentially called him out without calling him out talking about making better decisions. Carsen can easily win us games by himself but as we saw last night, can easily do the opposite too. Have to find that balance in between being aggressive and forcing too much. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Painter essentially called him out without calling him out talking about making better decisions. Carsen can easily win us games by himself but as we saw last night, can easily do the opposite too. Have to find that balance in between being aggressive and forcing too much. 

I get Painter letting Carsen audition for the league (which league is another discussion) I do. But calling him out on his shot/inefficiency probably needed to happen in January (when we discussed on here) instead of March 5th.  

Archived