Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'll vouch for boiler. Know he was here in the early days of HSNv2, if not HSNv1.

Watshot just has an issue with Boiler...for whatever reason.  Hell, last year Watshot had an issue with me because I started a Purdue thread.

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Utah St just beat Nevada so that does not help us getting an at large bid because Utah St. is now 24-6 and tied Nevada for their conference.  Game took forever because 7 payers fouled out in this game.

That game plus the UCF win earlier today were two games that went against the Hoosiers from a bubble perspective.

There were several games that did go in our favor...off the top of my head Clemson loss to UNC, Florida loss to Georgia (thanks Tom), Alabama loss to LSU, Saint Mary's loss to Zags, Seton Hall loss to Georgetown. Most were expected but still important for these teams to not pick up quality wins and add another L to the loss column. 

I started becoming a bubble watcher this afternoon, but let's face it we've got a lot of work ahead of us to get in. Head down and keep grinding boys.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Utah St just beat Nevada so that does not help us getting an at large bid because Utah St. is now 24-6 and tied Nevada for their conference.  Game took forever because 7 payers fouled out in this game.

Article I read this morning suggested Utah St fans hit or pushed Nevada players when rushing court. Guess there was a few incidents after the game involving Nevada player and Musselman as well.  ESPN said Musselman was yelling at cops,etc..

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Rutgers up 9 at Iowa at the half.  

Double digit home losses to Rutgers aren't sitting well over there again. Almost like a broken record with Iowa. Every year they are the hot team,etc....and February/March come along and they are just barely getting across the finish line. Reminds me of some of our late 90's teams where we just wanted the season to end. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Double digit home losses to Rutgers aren't sitting well over there again. Almost like a broken record with Iowa. Every year they are the hot team,etc....and February/March come along and they are just barely getting across the finish line. Reminds me of some of our late 90's teams where we just wanted the season to end. 

Only if Phinisee could have hit both of those free throws, IU would be in a much better position at 17-13 with three straight wins over ranked teams, including one on the road. 

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Only if Phinisee could have hit both of those free throws, IU would be in a much better position at 17-13 with three straight wins over ranked teams, including one on the road. 

That has been this team all year. We can easily.have won 3 to 5 more games, or lost the same. This team rarely blows teams out, Marquette and a few exceptions

. But they rarely get beaten badly (Purdue game 1, Minnesotta, Nebraska are exceptions)

But think. MSU twice, Butler, Louisville, Northwestern etc could just as easily been losses.

Likewise, Iowa, Purdue #2, @ Maryland etc could easily have been wins.

This season has teetered on so many nail biters. More than any team I can remember.

Archived