Around the B1G/NCAA

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I was pretty impressed with Cal's coaching this year just up until I wasn't. If I was a UK fan this morning I'd be saying the same thing Sparty fan was probably saying to Izzo.....feel like making any in game adjustments there coach????

No clue who leaves or stays or transfers for UK. I know this. They won't ever get an easier set of circumstances again for a Final 4. Blew it. Nothing else to really add.

Article I read this morning, Cal actually takes the blame for last night's loss.....once he stopped whining about the non-call on a couple of plays.

He said that he should have called time out with about 19 seconds to go. He felt that they had a play that he thought would work without taking a TO, but realized too late that he was playing with a bunch of freshman against an older, experienced team. Said that was on him.

As much as I dislike Cal and would never want him to win an NC again, it was refreshing to hear him be accountable and take responsibility for the loss.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, rico said:

The Kentucky fans aren't very happy with Cal right now judging by other boards.  

I ventured over to corRuppt Rafters for one that is taking blaming the refs to a new level. OP claims that the refs saw PJ Washington wasn't shooting FTs well, so they continually called fouls to send him to the line and that's why fUK lost. They gave him 20 FTs as a sneaky way to beat them. At least some of the people on there are roasting this OP, but others agree with him. I could only read the first page, but entertaining.

14 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I ventured over to corRuppt Rafters for one that is taking blaming the refs to a new level. OP claims that the refs saw PJ Washington wasn't shooting FTs well, so they continually called fouls to send him to the line and that's why fUK lost. They gave him 20 FTs as a sneaky way to beat them. At least some of the people on their are roasting this OP, but others agree with him. I could only read the first page, but entertaining.

Now THAT's a new twist in corrupt officiating...LOL...

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well I've heard everything now, they keep stats for everything. In the PU/TT game they noted Matt Haarms had 3 hair adjustments and 2 points so far......

Stay Tuned for more updates

And the announcers suggested some sort of hair concrete, I heard? Okkk....

Haas injury definitely impacted this game (Haarms has been quite unimpressive), but regardless they were incredibly sloppy with the ball tonight and have allowed way to many offensive rebounds for scores that had nothing to do with the center position. Painter failed to bring a strategy to this game to offset TT's athleticism and utilized their shooting and guard play. 

14 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

One side of me would like to see PU win this one for my brackets. The other part of me giggles at their struggles. I think the money side is winning at this point....but only for this round! 

Betting on Pursuck in the tourney.. never smart..choke job everything. They say our banners are dusty well least we have 5 of em. Thier best teams can't even make it out sweet 16. Pursuck is always a good laugh especially when they really think they have a chance to win😂 I'd put a lot of money down saying Pursuck never wins a title in our lifetime. To many programs in the area that are better than Pursuck for them to ever have enough talent to win. 

10 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Haas injury definitely impacted this game (Haarms has been quite unimpressive), but regardless they were incredibly sloppy with the ball tonight and have allowed way to many offensive rebounds for scores that had nothing to do with the center position. Painter failed to bring a strategy to this game to offset TT's athleticism and utilized their shooting and guard play. 

Agree here. Way too many careless turnovers and our guys decided they didn’t want to box out. Haarms was bad and clearly let the moment get to him. 

As far as a strategy to offset their athleticism, what could he have done without having Haas? 

Archived