Coronavirus

Reacher

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I have two people I've worked very closely with over the last 20 years who planned on retiring a little  earlier this year.  Both decided to stay a little longer so they would have something to do.  I'm not going to be bold enough to ask if they moved all of their money out of high risk portfolios or not.  But, I sure hope they did.  

And, then, maybe even worse, I have a couple of other long time co-workers who were given a 45 day notice in February that their job was being eliminated.  I'm not sure how that process works either, so I don't know if they would have been able to move funds out of their 401K immediately upon receiving notice, or whether the funds were stuck there until their 45 days were up.   

They would not be able to move the funds until the actual date of termination. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I saw that on the news, tonight.  100% of those given.... cured.  Wondering if that is what the President is teased about  to announce on Thursday ?

49 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

We ordered delivery tonight. Took less than half the normal time to get here.  I doubled the normal tip.  Driver asked : "Are you sure ?" I said yes.  He left with a thank you and big smile on his face. 

Good for you mile!! Need more people like you! I am still in college and I am an assistant manager at a local pizza place here in Knoxville, TN and people don’t understand that even just a few more bucks to the people that serve them or deliver to them or work to go and give them the food goes  along way for them! Not all young people are just wanting to spring break some of us work hard and every dollar counts! Support the local establishments because they need it!

• Like 4

I hope the reporting that the virus doesn't travel well in heat and humidity is true...it'll be doomed down here in East Texas...84% humidity this morning...and headed for a mid 80s high...

Walked the 200 yards down to the barn to feed the ponies, and was wiping sweat from the brow at 6 am...🥵

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

Good for you mile!! Need more people like you! I am still in college and I am an assistant manager at a local pizza place here in Knoxville, TN and people don’t understand that even just a few more bucks to the people that serve them or deliver to them or work to go and give them the food goes  along way for them! Not all young people are just wanting to spring break some of us work hard and every dollar counts! Support the local establishments because they need it!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox59.com/news/indy-business-receives-1000-tip-during-coronavirus-pandemic/amp/

• Like 1

Here's a hint. Tip. To pass along. For what ever it's worth.  Something I would never have thought of.

Our dishwasher does a great job of sanitizing our silver ware.  But my wife sanitized the plastic holder we put the silver ware in last night.

9 hours ago, milehiiu said:

We ordered delivery tonight. Took less than half the normal time to get here.  I doubled the normal tip.  Driver asked : "Are you sure ?" I said yes.  He left with a thank you and big smile on his face. 

Those little things on our part can make a big difference for a delivery person when they add their tips up at the end of the night.

Our local taco/margarita place is now allowing people to carryout quarts of their famous margaritas. We are ordering tacos and margs tonight at the end of the workday. And will be tipping very generously for the people busting their butts at the restaurant.

All research seems to show that food heated up is safe, but to still be careful handling plastic containers.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Per the Denver Post..... on line purchases of marijuana have gone through the roof.  Suppliers are having a hard time keeping up with the demand.

My son works in IT now for LivWell, a marijuana dispensary chain here in Colorado. He told me last night that they are just starting the testing phase of their online ordering system and the CEO told them yesterday to go live with it no later than Monday.  I guess they will be going with the Microsoft model of software development, let the users find the problems for you.

More from Denver ... The Denver Business Journal reported yesterday that 80% of all independent restaurant workers in Denver have been laid  off. Given the fact that only carry out is available, I’m surprised it’s not higher.

Edited by SteveS

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Second staff member at Ayden's elementary just tested positive. I can't handle this. I have lots of faith in our GOD and I am putting all of it in him to protect Ayden. 

Hang in there Bro...thoughts and prayers.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

All of this is hitting way too close to home. a 3rd staff member and their spouse have tested positive and apparently have been sick for nearly 2 weeks.  All 3 that have tested positive are people that Ayden had direct contact with on a daily basis. 

Will you get Ayden tested or do you have to wait for symptoms?

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Will you get Ayden tested or do you have to wait for symptoms?

Since he is not an NBA PLAYER  we are not allowed. We were told if symptoms appear dont go to dr or er,  have them come out to the car to test him. I am one that does not stress easily,  right now my stress level is very high. As of now we just sit tight and everyone but me have been home quarantined since Sunday but my job wont allow 

• Sad 1