Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'd question largest, since IU is typically on the lower end of total enrollments. 

For a state school, IU has a very good geographic spread among it's alumni base though. 

Not as it relates to CJ Gunn but quick google says IU had top 10 total enrollments in country 2016 and 2017 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_public_university_campuses_by_enrollment) ....while just outside top 10 all the other years over last 10.

But back to CJ Gunn....seems like a really good shooter which we need and a family that understands big picture. Hope we land him!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loved that announcement. Kids seems like he knows what it means to wear Indiana across your chest 

Caught up with Gunn and his father this morning.  Here is that Q&A. https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-qa-with-new-class-of-2022-indiana-commit-c-j-gunn/

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not as it relates to CJ Gunn but quick google says IU had top 10 total enrollments in country 2016 and 2017 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_public_university_campuses_by_enrollment) ....while just outside top 10 all the other years over last 10.

But back to CJ Gunn....seems like a really good shooter which we need and a family that understands big picture. Hope we land him!

Wow....guess times have changed. When I was there (about 18 months after the last wooly mammoth went extinct....03-05) we were the 2nd smallest B10 school in terms of enrollments, and the smallest was Northwestern. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Indykev said:

After seeing us against a couple of teams we seem to be good at photo shopping.

I don't think it's Photoshop but there are certainly ways to manipulate before and after photos without using that and if you look at them that's what they're doing. Different lighting, camera angle, flex vs not flexing, before or after workout are a few ways to manipulate them.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I don't think it's Photoshop but there are certainly ways to manipulate before and after photos without using that and if you look at them that's what they're doing. Different lighting, camera angle, flex vs not flexing, before or after workout are a few ways to manipulate them.

I know a guy that does that for a living for before and after pics for some companies.  Not photo shop in fact he does several before and after on same day

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

I don't think it's Photoshop but there are certainly ways to manipulate before and after photos without using that and if you look at them that's what they're doing. Different lighting, camera angle, flex vs not flexing, before or after workout are a few ways to manipulate them.

Exactly.  After a workout I’ve even convinced myself I look ripped. LMAO   Then reality sets in.   😂 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not worried about his weight.  He’s a lanky kid. I bet 90% of us fit that when we were 16-17.  It’s life.

What I do like, his length, agility, skill set.  And he and his dad sound great in interviews.   That can be quite unlike some other kids and parents who completely lack self awareness.  

Bottom line, I like Gunn physically and in terms of attitude.  I think he’d be great to land.  

 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m not worried about his weight.  He’s a lanky kid. I bet 90% of us fit that when we were 16-17.  It’s life.

What I do like, his length, agility, skill set.  And he and his dad sound great in interviews.   That can be quite unlike some other kids and parents who completely lack self awareness.  

Bottom line, I like Gunn physically and in terms of attitude.  I think he’d be great to land.  

 

I just look at most of the all time great shooters and a lot of them are slender and lanky.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 6:45 PM, dgambill said:

Butler looks like they may have got them a nice piece in that Avance kid. He looked pretty good.

I don't think Avance has committed anywhere and it's D. J. Hughes who has committed to Butler.  

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/06/26/lawrence-north-2021-forward-d-j-hughes-commits-butler-basketball-recruiting/3268189001/

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched a quarter of this game last night. Gunn is the perfect name for this kid. I understand now why kids get to college and have no clue about time and score when it comes to shot selection. Jack Keefer a Hall of Fame coach kept letting this kid bomb 3's when they needed a hoop. He was 1 for 5 in the little stretch  i watched.. First time seeing him play so this is a little harsh i'm guessing. Just my take.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I watched a quarter of this game last night. Gunn is the perfect name for this kid. I understand now why kids get to college and have no clue about time and score when it comes to shot selection. Jack Keefer a Hall of Fame coach kept letting this kid bomb 3's when they needed a hoop. He was 1 for 5 in the little stretch  i watched.. First time seeing him play so this is a little harsh i'm guessing. Just my take.

I can tell when Indykev scores at home, and this post was definitely not following that. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...