Jump to content

INDIANA UPSETS #8 PENN STATE POSTGAME THREAD


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bottom line, as always, we got the win.  We just about ruined Penn State's season.  They had visions of a national championship and we crushed that dream.  Kinda makes me happy... happier than they ar

Thought it was a good time to change my avatar pic.

I am so still on cloud f'ing 9!!!!!!

Posted Images

1. As soon as we scored I said go for We didn't need another OT period to prove we could play with a top 10 in the country. Go beat them. 

2. Ecstatic that Penix was decisive on the 2 pt. He read what he read, didn't like it... and ran. 

3. We're good. 

4. The DBs are as good as we've had since I've been alive. I'm 29. 

5. Eff PSU 

6. I'm like a 12 pack deep right now... ;)

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great, great win.

Penix was very good in crunch time but it was surprising that we were still in the game despite the way he was throwing the ball the first 3 1/2 quarters. I thought he had to have a really good game for us to win but I guess it was a good sign that we still pulled it out without him having gaudy stats.

After being tortured for decades I thought for sure we would lose after Hendershot did not catch the sure TD pass (at the least the needed 1st down) that was perfectly thrown and went right through his hands. And then we pooch a kickoff to the 50 yard line....WTF.

Our defense is so much better (the line, speed, and ability to tackle) than what we endured for so many years.  It would have been good if they could have given up a few less third and longs but it was great to see that we were not dominated on the line. There was a lot of talk that PSU’s OL might dominate.

If I ever run into the PSU kicker I will offer to buy him a beer :)
 

This is a great great win and for once a few things went our way. Let’s take care of 1-0 Rutgers next week!!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Great, great win.

Penix was very good in crunch time but it was surprising that we were still in the game despite the way he was throwing the ball the first 3 1/2 quarters. I thought he had to have a really good game for us to win but I guess it was a good sign that we still pulled it out without him having gaudy stats.

After being tortured for decades I thought for sure we would lose after Hendershot did not catch the sure TD pass (at the least the needed 1st down) that was perfectly thrown and went right through his hands. And then we pooch a kickoff to the 50 yard line....WTF.

Our defense is so much better (the line, speed, and ability to tackle) than what we endured for so many years.  It would have been good if they could have given up a few less third and longs but it was great to see that we were not dominated on the line. There was a lot of talk that PSU’s OL might dominate.

If I ever run into the PSU kicker I will offer to buy him a beer :)
 

This is a great great win and for once a few things went our way. Let’s take care of 1-0 Rutgers next week!!!

IIF I COULD GIVE A LOVE SIGN I WOULD!!!  Finally an IU WIN TO REMEMBER!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really impressed with the defense. 

They were on the field for 40:22 and before the freebie and OT held PSU to 21 and 3 field goal attempts while spending alot of time defending short field position because the offense couldn't get it past the 50. 

 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

1. As soon as we scored I said go for We didn't need another OT period to prove we could play with a top 10 in the country. Go beat them. 

2. Ecstatic that Penix was decisive on the 2 pt. He read what he read, didn't like it... and ran. 

3. We're good. 

4. The DBs are as good as we've had since I've been alive. I'm 29. 

5. Eff PSU 

6. I'm like a 12 pack deep right now... ;)

Point 3... I will believe that when we aren’t out gained 3-1. 

Penix was good for the last part of the regular game and OT, but below average the rest of the game.

Hendershot catches that pass and overtime isn’t necessary.

Defense was good. Offense not so much 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Point 3... I will believe that when we aren’t out gained 3-1. 

Penix was good for the last part of the regular game and OT, but below average the rest of the game.

Hendershot catches that pass and overtime isn’t necessary.

Defense was good. Offense not so much 

Sir, I do not agree with your opinion.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Way way too critical of the offense. We didn't play the sisters of the poor. 

certainly needs to improve... before Scotts last two rushes of the first half he was 10 carries for 47 yards.

Only reason the offense wasn't it needed to be was Penix and two drops. 

My goodness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

That last kickoff deserves and explanation. I hope it was an accident.

I think it was supposed to be a swib kick but the kicker didn't execute it very well.  Allen went to him and chewed him out.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was 8 months old the last time we beat a top 10 team.  I don't give a rat's ass if ref came right out and said "he didn't score, but we feel bad for IU, so we're going to give it to him."  Also, I thought from the angle looking down the goal line from a higher view showed that the point of the ball was clearly ahead of the part of the ball that hit the pylon.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leathernecks said:

I was 8 months old the last time we beat a top 10 team.  I don't give a rat's ass if ref came right out and said "he didn't score, but we feel bad for IU, so we're going to give it to him."  Also, I thought from the angle looking down the goal line from a higher view showed that the point of the ball was clearly ahead of the part of the ball that hit the pylon.

Yuuuuuuuuuuup. 100% agree. Do not care. 

We're simply as good as Penn State at minimum.  Idgaf about the yardage lol 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Sir, I do not agree with your opinion.

Just look at the rushing numbers.

Look at the number of open receivers Penix missed early in the game. 

Not to mention the special team gaffe at the end of the game.

We were good defensively, but also got the benefit of the Penn State kicker having an off day.

 I will take the win and accept that under these conditions, we overcame. But we have lots of room to improve 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

That last kickoff deserves and explanation. I hope it was an accident.

It was shades of the on side kick with Tennessee. Those are just the recent ones. It’s not a coincidence after awhile.  And it keeps coming up every year.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Just look at the rushing numbers.

Look at the number of open receivers Penix missed early in the game. 

Not to mention the special team gaffe at the end of the game.

We were good defensively, but also got the benefit of the Penn State kicker having an off day.

 I will take the win and accept that under these conditions, we overcame. But we have lots of room to improve 

Rushing numbers? You mean QB scrambles for them. Cool. 

We stuffed their true running game. STUFFED. 

Our QB that missed a lot of time missed passes vs a top 10 team? Lol how shocking.  

Your stance on this is absurd. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It was shades of the on side kick with Tennessee. Those are just the recent ones. It’s not a coincidence after awhile.  And it keeps coming up every year.   

It was meant to be squid... just not right at someone. Easy fix. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...