IPFW post game

Indykev

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Ok, don’t support them. I’m sorry, I don’t understand that logic! I love my Hoosiers win or lose! I can’t not support them no matter what. I will watch every game to the last buzzer no matter the score!

I guess I don't understand supporting apathy, and apathy is exactly what many of these players have shown on the court multiple times this season.  Players who only get up for the Duke's and the Notre Dame's of the world, but are disinterested against the like of Fort Wayne, don't deserve blind support.

Fort Wayne won tonight, much as Indiana State did, because they WANTED it more.  There simply is no excuse for that. 

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Need, I remind you ?  These ARE Crean's players. 

I'm not comparing Crean to Miller.  I'm comparing the heart and effort of the players on Crean's first team to the players we have now.  Outside of Juwan Morgan and Zach McRoberts, name me one player on this team that you feel gives consistent effort.

3 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I think the point was that Archie is starting with more talent than Tom did (to arguably worse results).

As I posted just this week. I truly enjoyed watching IU during Crean's first couple of years.  Those guys were short of talent, but huge on heart.  However, I stand by what I said.  After 8 years of coaching IU.... this is the best he left us with ? 

7 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Alabama played with 3 players and almost beat Minn.  So we can sit the lazy ass starters and play some young freshman.  If we lose, we lose learning

It definitely would be cool for Archie to channel his inner Norman Dale and tell the ref "My team is on the floor".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITGwzan_0FY

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not comparing Crean to Miller.  I'm comparing the heart and effort of the players on Crean's first team to the players we have now.  Outside of Juwan Morgan and Zach McRoberts, name me one player on this team that you feel gives consistent effort.

I've already answered your question in my post to Muddy.  Not gonna do it again.  I've talked all week about Crean's first two years, and how those teams played with effort.

I consider tonight's effort as an anomaly.  Especially after the ND game, and the efforts shown against Duke and Louisville.  Count me as one who is not going to stop pulling, much less watching my beloved Hoosiers because of tonight's performance.  Just as I did not give up watching and pulling for IU during Crean's first three years.

I've been pulling, listening and watching IUBB since the early 1950's.  Attended all the games as a student during the putrid Lou years.  Certainly not going to give up now. I've seen better.  And I've seen worse.

1 minute ago, Ronzo44IU said:

CAM said the guys stopped feeding the post and just started shooting from anywhere which led to stagnant offense.  My question is, why did he allow that?  As a coach it is your job to bench the entire team if necessary if they aren't following instruction. Perplexing..

To be fair, he did call two timeouts in under a minute. What exactly is he supposed to do?

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I guess I don't understand supporting apathy, and apathy is exactly what many of these players have shown on the court multiple times this season.  Players who only get up for the Duke's and the Notre Dame's of the world, but are disinterested against the like of Fort Wayne, don't deserve blind support.

Fort Wayne won tonight, much as Indiana State did, because they WANTED it more.  There simply is no excuse for that. 

I’m supporting my team!

I've said this to friends in-person before: I'm worried about the pack line defense.  

I am comforted that other high-major programs run it and see varying degrees of success.  That's good.  However, it seems to me to be a system that requires 3 and 4 year players to execute at a high level.  IU will have some of that, but if we want to compete at the level we all want to compete at, we're going to be sprinkling in 1 and 2 year players as well.  We need their elite talent.  If they can't execute our defense, we won't be a good team.

I watched barely any (I'm with 5fouls -- turn on the Pacers and watch Oladipo.  Oh my, he's turned into a player) but even if Archie coached a complete stinker, he's got a believer in me.  He coached circles around Brey (who is no slouch) and is dealing with such a flawed roster -- both on talent and leadership.  Crean truly crapped the bed in his final recruiting years.  This has to be one of the worst constructed rosters in all of high-major CBB.

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

To be fair, he did call two timeouts in under a minute. What exactly is he supposed to do?

This team has made an effort to feed the post in most all the other games and then just decide to stop tonight?  We should of dominated the paint in this game.  Their 6'11 guy must've weighed all of 90lbs.

Bring in the freshmen and walk-ons.

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree that he tried some things to turn it around, but I think if you want your team to feed the post, you demand that they feed the post.  Tell the guards that until they figure it out, they can't shoot unless they are wiiiide open or the ball goes into the post first.  If they don't listen, they sit. 

I didn't get a chance to closely watch a lot of the game, so maybe he tried some of that.  Not sure.

Definitely a disappointment after the ND game, as things seemed to be trending up. I can understand some of the feelings of disgust about this team, but I’m a Hoosier through and through.. I’ll continue to watch til the final buzzer when we get bounced in whatever tournament(seems like it’ll be NIT at best). IU hoops is the only team I can really do that for.

I’m taking the long view of not only CAM, but also this season. Plenty of ball left to play.

Ive been to three games this year, two of which were tonight and ISU. You’ll be glad to hear I don’t have any other tickets this year, so maybe that will help.

17 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

I've harped on this since last year...our leaders lack the most basic leadership capabilities. It's evident in this clip, starting at 0:49, and going to 1:40. In case you can't watch or listen to the clip, I'll summarize thus:

The media asked our "leaders" what we can do to prevent our "not being ready mentally" against weaker teams, and they prove that they have absolutely NO clue, mumbling cliches about how "it starts with the older guys" and "we just weren't ready."  

Hartman looking at Johnson and realizing Johnson isn’t going to answer a question in the first 30 seconds of that video tells you everything you need to know about Rob’s attitude.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

At 4mil a year.  Beat fort Wayne and ISU on your home court.  It's why he was hired.  

I don't disagree. I'm disappointed that we didn't come ready to play, but there wasn't much I felt Archie for wrong tactically. The team came out flat and that's on the staff. 

27 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Hartman looking at Johnson and realizing Johnson isn’t going to answer a question in the first 30 seconds of that video tells you everything you need to know about Rob’s attitude.

Hartman looks so ticked at RoJo in that clip. What a horrible attitude. RoJo should of course be ticked about the loss, but a true leader stands up and faces the music.  

I wish we only had an outside shot defense problem. The post game conference is pretty conclusive to me where this team is headed. We have been lucky with health so far too, I can't imagine us responding to any more adversity in the season.

IPFW (both times now) has looked like a polished team with incredible shooting. Some of those shots had a hand in their face and some were perfectly open 3rd passes.  It's embarrassing we can't match them on that level, regardless of how frankenstein this roster is or that it is Archie's first season. The significant culture starting players we have couldn't care much less about fighting to be a top 5 in state program. We don't have the talent and that was a semi acknowledged element to this season, but mailing it in this hard is on the players. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Hartman looks so ticked at RoJo in that clip. What a horrible attitude. RoJo should of course be ticked about the loss, but a true leader stands up and faces the music.  

Robert Johnson is a four year, major minute playing, top 50 recruit role player. He really never got better. I'm not sure I've ever seen a guy play major minutes so four years and not improve like he has. 

Archived