Big Ten 2020-2021

This game is now over 2 1/2 hours long. These refs have gone to the monitor seemingly every close play. Takes all flow out of the game to the point its almost unwatchableĀ 

Weismamp rolled his ankle when he stepped on a defenderā€™s foot. Happened with about 5 minutes left in the first half and he already had 12 pointsĀ 

• Like 5

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

How does he ref every game in CBB?

No clue but he's bad every single game for years. Wish the Big 10 would really do an overhaul after this year on how they call a game and who they have call a game. Just horrible they influence wins each week.Ā 

• Like 2

One issue I have with the refs is if the offensive player keeps banging and banging on the defender who is literally just standing there and then they call it on the defender. Ā If happened late in the Iowa Wisconsin game. Ā As a matter of fact and science the defender didnā€™t do anything but stand there and absorb the offensive player slam into him.Ā 

Garza is a huge offender in this. But itā€™s just really widespread.

It is so rampant that I suspect it comes from the top. Ā They want physical ball.

Physical is fine, but stay within the bounds of reason. If the defender didnā€™t do anything and couldnā€™t have even done anything, then the calls are getting extremely distorted. Ā Ā 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

This game is now over 2 1/2 hours long. These refs have gone to the monitor seemingly every close play. Takes all flow out of the game to the point its almost unwatchableĀ 

Weismamp rolled his ankle when he stepped on a defenderā€™s foot. Happened with about 5 minutes left in the first half and he already had 12 pointsĀ 

Iowa has shooters. Ā Guard play is so much better than Rob and Al. Ā How did we beat them twice?

47 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Frederick didnā€™t play. Bohannon was pretty much a non factor in both games, and most importantly, Race did an outstanding defensive job on Garza

Thanks. I do remember how cold Bo was, but forgot Frederick was out. Ā 

1 hour ago, Cbp4IU said:

At least we know that Garza wonā€™t be back next year. Iowa planning on retiring his jersey number.

As much as the kid has worked his tail off to get to where he is today, I gotta say that I am not gonna miss his dad.

Of course, a big part of that is because he is close to my age and has a lot more hair than I doĀ 

• Haha 1

What a week for Michigan. Win the Big 10. Help another conference member get a 1 seed....and helped their rival get into the tourney. No clue what this does for BTT seedings but Sparty/UM going to play again?

I know I wouldn't want to be 1 seed opposite of Sparty on 8/9 line or even a 2 seed oppo 7/10 seed.