Penn State Game Thread 12/30 8:30 PM ET BTN

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Guys.  We are shooting 54% for the game.  A lot to complain about, but not sure shooting is one in this game. at least so far.  

Too many turnovers. I’m sorry I’m not thrilled with 54% against a bad zone defense. Come on Penn st defense is lazy and not good. We should be making them pay for it.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Exactly. Put him in the middle...put him in that high post where he can handle the ball, drive, pass, shoot that little jumper. We have guys like Trayce who isn’t comfortable handling the ball that far out...Race who isn’t a facilitator and Hunter who I just think is better on the wing spotting up. Let Galloway do his thing.

Two of TJD's baskets were from getting the ball in the high post and driving to the basket. That's what he's there. 

We've got 38 points shooting 54% against a zone, the offense is working great and Trey has been a big part of that. 

He's flashing to the lane from the weak side, penetrating and making plays. 

I can't put my finger on it but there is just something missing from this team.  It just seems like maybe we are just one more top player away from being good.  When watching is play it seems like for stretches we look like a component team but we just can't sustain good at.  We get up 9 and in two possessions it got down to three.

Also it still seems do strange and different watching games from AH with no fans in the stands.  I know it is like that every where but just notice it so much more at AH.

Several optimistic posts in the thread.  Yes we are winning.  By 5.  At home.  Against PSU.  How are we going to go on the road and beat top 25 teams with this performance.  The answer is we won’t.  I guess winning a close game, at home, to a team with an interim coach is our new feel good moment.

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Two of TJD's baskets were from getting the ball in the high post and driving to the basket. That's what he's there. 

We've got 38 points shooting 54% against a zone, the offense is working great and Trey has been a big part of that. 

He's flashing to the lane from the weak side, penetrating and making plays. 

Do you think 76 will be enough?? I don’t. Trayce has made a couple good plays no doubt he can score but why make it so hard on him. Starting his offense that far out on the floor where their guards can reach in and knock it away. Put him on the baseline and let him work the block and let Trey get that ball in the middle where he can be even more deadly. He could feed Trayce or kick it out. Just my opinion. I’m no coach but we always put our best distributor/decision maker in the middle and surrounded him with shooters. 

1 minute ago, Milehi Fan said:

Several optimistic posts in the thread.  Yes we are winning.  By 5.  At home.  Against PSU.  How are we going to go on the road and beat top 25 teams with this performance.  The answer is we won’t.  I guess winning a close game, at home, to a team with an interim coach is our new feel good moment.

I don't really think home and away means to much this year.  Maryland just went to UW and won their first conference game.

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Good news:  we haven’t had our usual prolonged scoring draught. 

Bas news:  we are in a close game so if we have a prolonged scoring draught, that could be trouble. 

I said in the pregame thread it would be close for 30 minutes then we would pull away. I hope that’s correct. 

I’m expecting Archie to give them hell in the locker room and they come out with some energy, taking, moving the ball, playing smarter and pull away like the Butler game.

Archived