It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

UCLA offered Cal 1/8th his current salary.  Not sure if you were aware of the origins of my comment.  

We want the same things.  I don't think 7 years and 40 gets Stevens.  Go big or go home.  10 years nearing 100.

I would hate to see a 10 yr deal.  Rather get a guy who is confident enough to do a 5yr deal that would auto extend IF goals are achieved.   I think long term deals can remove the pressure to achieve exceptional results.  

51 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dakach did the noon Wichita st game.  

He blasted IU this morning on the early show saying how we needed an IU guy.  Wouldn't say who because there isn't one good enough.  

I heard that brief segment.  He really criticized CAM for lack of player development and that the poor shooting could be corrected with coaching - but wasn't.

I can't disagree with what he said.

12 minutes ago, John S said:

I would hate to see a 10 yr deal.  Rather get a guy who is confident enough to do a 5yr deal that would auto extend IF goals are achieved.   I think long term deals can remove the pressure to achieve exceptional results.  

You give Mrs. Stevens what Mrs. Stevens wants.  She tell you.  Not the other way around.  There is no negotiation.  lol

2 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I heard that brief segment.  He really criticized CAM for lack of player development and that the poor shooting could be corrected with coaching - but wasn't.

I can't disagree with what he said.

everything was spot on except the IU only guy.  That type of thinking will end the program for good.  

12 minutes ago, John S said:

This is a strange take. 

The reality is, "doing nothing" is an incredibly viable option when it comes to us selling Brad Stevens on taking the IU job, so we have to make an incredibly compelling offer. If we offer 5-years and Stevens says, "no thanks, i'm good coaching the Celtics" the issue isn't that he lacks confidence in himself. It's that we didn't make a compelling enough offer. 

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This is a strange take. 

The reality is, "doing nothing" is an incredibly viable option when it comes to us selling Brad Stevens on taking the IU job, so we have to make an incredibly compelling offer. If we offer 5-years and Stevens says, "no thanks, i'm good coaching the Celtics" the issue isn't that he lacks confidence in himself. It's that we didn't make a compelling enough offer. 

Why is it that so many seem to think BS is far and away the only answer?  I love the guy, for sure.  But there’s got to be other coaches out there capable of elevating the mess at IU within two years.  I think concentrating only on BS would be a mistake.  IMO the admin doesnt need to offer huge $$$ or terms.  There are a limited number of schools with the legacy as IU.   And,  attracting a proven good coach isnt impossible at a reasonable price.  

Just now, IU Scott said:

It is all about who you can get here and you are not getting the top 10 coaches in college basketball here.

Dude, you depress me.  Aren't you the one that always points to the fact that we paid Archie Millier top 10 at the time money?  Or that we have the highest recruiting budget almost every year?  It's time to get outta here with that stinking thinking.  There's only about 5 guys that are unattainable.  So that leaves 5 more that are attainable at the right price.

eeyore.jpg

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Dude, you depress me.  Aren't you the one that always points to the fact that we paid Archie Millier top 10 at the time money?  Or that we have the highest recruiting budget almost every year?  It's time to get outta here with that stinking thinking.  There's only about 5 guys that are unattainable.  So that leaves 5 more that are attainable at the right price.

eeyore.jpg

Do you know the difference between realistic and depressing.  It has nothing against IU but those top coaches are winning at their current job and would be stupid to leave where they are at.

Archived