It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, John S said:

IDK, but was RMK a top ten coach when he came?

Exactly, there are younger less established coaches out there that in 5-10 years may become top tier coaches.  Just need the savvy to identify them.  Not saying its easy to do, but they're out there and some may not even be head coaches yet.

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

okay.jpg

Might want to take off the crimson colored glasses and see where IU basketball is at this time.  It is not 1993 any longer and IU is not real irrelevant when it comes to the national scene.  I have seen the very best of IU basketball and now have seen the worst it can get.  I hope in a few years we will get back to being the top of the big ten and college basketball with the right hire.  I just see IU at this time not being able to bring in the elite coaches like you apparently think we can.  I think the best we can hope for is that Drew or Beard  will take the job

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

So what youre saying is.... you want to be the best, but settle for a coach.

Who said about settling it is who would come here.  You can ask Stevens, Donovan, Wright, Bennett and those caliber of coaches but they won't come.  it is not settling when you get turned down by the best and have to go with others

5 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

But it works both ways.  Alford was the slam dunk no brainer hire in 2001 but a racist BOT member wouldn't allow it and the administration caved.  Beilein was the absolute no brainer hire when Davis was canned but again our President wouldn't allow it purely because of race.  I'm not saying the IU fans are perfect but the administration bears much if not most of the blame.  They created this mess.

Where do you get your information from? It always sounds like you have an axe to grind against the IU admin. Just curious, because accusing IU of blatant racism is kind of a heavy hand. Care to share your "knowledge"? 

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dakach did the noon Wichita st game.  

He blasted IU this morning on the early show saying how we needed an IU guy.  Wouldn't say who because there isn't one good enough.  

He clearly said anyone that played for RMK. I don’t think he cares at this point although everyone knows he’d prefer Alford.

Ok, I really am done,but I have to say Archie is delusional. In his post game Interview he said something like. I meet with the Admin, every day we are in a good place. The program is in a good place. We have players who play hard. What is he talking about! We went almost 10. Minutes with out scoring. But hey we hustled doing it! The number one object of the game is to score more then the other team! Which we don’t do very often. Then 
he talked about fatigue set in is why we shot so poor. Then why did we have Freshmen that didn’t play a few minutes to give them a rest. 
I don’t know but, our freshmen aren’t that impressive after watching the Freshmen of the other schools play. 

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just see IU at this time not being able to bring in the elite coaches like you apparently think we can.  I think the best we can hope for is that Drew or Beard  will take the job

So a guy who coached in the last national championship game and a guy who might coach in it this year is apparently bad?

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

No but if you look at beard his last two years have been average.

Yes, I'm aware. I'm the first one who pointed that fact out. 

I think Beard is a good coach, but I think a lot of things in coaching basketball fall outside of a coaches control, much like most professions that are performance based. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Might want to take off the crimson colored glasses and see where IU basketball is at this time.  It is not 1993 any longer and IU is not real irrelevant when it comes to the national scene.  I have seen the very best of IU basketball and now have seen the worst it can get.  I hope in a few years we will get back to being the top of the big ten and college basketball with the right hire.  I just see IU at this time not being able to bring in the elite coaches like you apparently think we can.  I think the best we can hope for is that Drew or Beard  will take the job

Make up your mind can we get a top 10 coach or not

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if you think Beard and drew is top 10 then yes but I don't think they are

Well to be fair! I bet you didn’t think Underwood, Holtman an Chris Mack were Top Ten coaches either. They all seem to be heading in the right direction. 

6 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

So what’s going on in this thread? Haven’t even looked in 36 hours I don’t think.

I assume IU lost? Was it bad?

Any rumors about coaches or Archie? 

Someone give me the bullet point update please.

Yeah we're now looking at Thad Matta!  🤟

Matta led the Ohio State Buckeyes to five Big Ten Conference regular season championships, four Big Ten Tournament titles (2007, 2010, 2011 and 2013), two Final Four appearances (2007 and 2012), and the 2008 NIT Championship. He is the winningest coach in Ohio State history.[1]

3x Big Ten Coach of the year

439-154 (.740 winning percentage)

4 hours ago, WanamakerIUFan said:

Agree here. I think what is sometimes lost on the fanbase (and not just IU) is how difficult Indiana is as a job. Coaches know this. I really respect CAM and Crean too for having the courage/ego to take on the Indiana job with the knowledge of what will happen if they can't do it. I've been a consultant on a few big time hires (not Indiana unfortunately!) and sometimes hires that seem like a home run don't necessarily work out for whatever reason. There are a lot of coaches that wouldn't want Indiana and it has nothing to do with what has happened over the last 20 years or so. If Coach is really out it'll be interesting to see what's next. I'm still sticking with things that I'm hearing that Stevens isn't an automatic no. It'll be interesting to see if Indiana shows patience there with regards to the NBA season. 

If there is even a possibility I’d wait. No rush since college season still has almost a month left. But Celtics are coming on strong and might be a long time before they are eliminated from playoffs. Gotta hope they have to play the play in game and lose or something. 

That said I’d go after Drew since he has strong Indiana ties and has been through a rigorous rebuild before. If it ends up being Belien then I’d want an assistant in waiting like Fife or something.

Archived