It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

And there you have it. The guy that is supposed to be the end all be all “insider” is now back tracking. 

Tells me all I need to know. No one knows anything. Credibility is suspect at best.

The “fire Archie “ movement may yet win the day, but they may, on the other hand, end up eating a lot of crow!

Why would the fire Archie movement eat crow. Whether or not he is fired. He still stinks out loud 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Brass Cannon said:

He’s told me his connection it’s legit.  Not as good as it was but his connection is about as good as you could get without being on the BoT or a coach 

Could be buy anyone can say they have great connections but you have no way of really knowing.  What I don't understand is if he is not in the decision making position no one should leak out info to guys for them to go to  message boards to leak info.

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Why would the fire Archie movement eat crow. Whether or not he is fired. He still stinks out loud 

This. Archie Miller is going to be fired. It may not happen this year, maybe it doesn't even happen next year, but he's been so awful here, I just can't see him NOT getting fired at some point. What is the end game for the people still supporting him? To say "I told you so!" if we accidentally stumble into the tournament next season? His system is completely broken at this point and his program is deader than a doornail. If he had any potential at all to elevate this program in any way, we would have seen it by now. He failed. 

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Been quite a few nasty comments made about the guy who is still the HC  of the program we all support. 

Would hope that when it’s announced that Archie is returning, that the fan base gets behind him.

If that’s the direction the AD chooses to follow, fans can either elect to support Archie or they can be non supportive.

Which of those two options do you think will help the team? 

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Been quite a few nasty comments made about the guy who is still the HC  of the program we all support. 

Would hope that when it’s announced that Archie is returning, that the fan base gets behind him.

If that’s the direction the AD chooses to follow, fans can either elect to support Archie or they can be non supportive.

Neither he’s not the guy. Best way to help him is to help him go back to the A10

Like I said earlier I would back him with no enthusiasm for the future.  I just can't see after the worst 4 years stretch in the big ten ever at IU that you bring him back.  If they thought the fans were bad this year wait until the first 8 minute scoring drought and see what happens.  It is not good for Archie or the team but it will be twice as bad as this year.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Could be buy anyone can say they have great connections but you have no way of really knowing.  What I don't understand is if he is not in the decision making position no one should leak out info to guys for them to go to  message boards to leak info.

His prior good info proves he’s got some connection.  Not sure why he would lie about that connection. And he’s not a decider but he’s one of the people around the decision makers. 

Umm I am an alumni. In fact, my daughter is a 5th generation alumni 

Guess I don’t count because I am not one of the alumni that fits the narrative 

I assume he means the ones that has a say in who is or is not the coach.  The guy he talked to said that he new Crean was done because of just one prominent alumni but this time it is everyone.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

His prior good info proves he’s got some connection.  Not sure why he would lie about that connection. And he’s not a decider but he’s one of the people around the decision makers. 

That is what I am saying is that I am leery that a decision maker would tell him what is going on

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

That is what I am saying is that I am leery that a decision maker would tell him what is going on

They have in the past.  People have ways of getting info. I didn’t get a promotion today and I knew before any decision makers told me.  So how did I know?  The scheduler mentioned that they were still scheduling interviews for it.  

Non decision makers always have access to info 

7 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Neither....a coach will help this team.....

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Neither he’s not the guy. Best way to help him is to help him go back to the A10

Guess you guys didn’t read clearly. I said, “when the AD chooses to keep Archie.” There isn’t any “neither “ in that statement. Either you choose to support the program and the decision, or you don’t.  If you believe that we, as a fan base have any influence, then one decision helps and one doesn’t 

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I assume he means the ones that has a say in who is or is not the coach.  The guy he talked to said that he new Crean was done because of just one prominent alumni but this time it is everyone.

So, you believe blanket statements like that? How do you know that IuFla it I am not one of those influential alumni? 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I agree Chris has good info but people seem confused about how to interpret this info. My cousin used to have a ton of access to the team back in the late 80’s. Post game access and he knew enough of the coaches and players. 

There was a player who would share stuff with my cousin about the team. This would seem like good info but things did not always play out as that player indicated it might. Things are fluid and our perspectives influence how we feel about things. 

Insider info is good and as you get to know the person sharing that info you learn whether or not everything they get is rock solid or if it is just a view of things from someone closer to things that I am. 

Chris seems to indicate if he is hearing something but he also posts just like us and offers his thoughts.  He seems like a good enough guy but if you are expecting him to give you absolutes you can take to the bank that is not what he is trying to do. Instead he is sharing snapshots of fluid information. 

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Guess you guys didn’t read clearly. I said, “when the AD chooses to keep Archie.” There isn’t any “neither “ in that statement. Either you choose to support the program and the decision, or you don’t.  If you believe that we, as a fan base have any influence, then one decision helps and one doesn’t 

Neither is going to help. One simply hurts less. Don’t set up a false choice and act superior.  Archie sucks. Just accept it 

Archived