It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

Reporting a post has nothing to do with anyone getting their feelings hurt.  It has to do with respecting what this forum is about.  The rules Mile and CC built this site upon.  If I see someone calling someone names, I'm going to report that to help out the mods, and keep this site from turning into a cesspool like many of the other IU sites out there.

I have reported guys for the language being used.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure why it's so hard for people to see two sides of the brain. People might want a change, upset with results,etc....but at the same time the same brain can also think it might be better to bring Archie back for one more year vs hiring a different version of him?

If the home run is there you go get him. If not I bring Archie back....because I believe our upside is higher next year and ultimately beyond w/Archie and TJD back, healthy Brunk (about 4-5 wins this year)..Armaan...and a round of normal off season with Lander, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, and Race. 

Again...for the it has to be one way or the other crowd. I get it. We're all pissed. Goes without saying. Looking forward though if the home run isn't there....given what the available candidates are....I'm leaning to another round that way I know for sure this isn't the guy. 

Plenty of examples in the Big 10 current and past where the Admin took a one more year chance on a guy and it paid off. Of course there is the opposite. Keep going back to the same thing. Unless the HR is there....you bring Archie back. God knows our players can't shoot 9-60 in 3 straight important games from 3 again.

If the home run isn't there, you just get the best coach you can. We don't need the flashiest, biggest name out there. We just need someone who can coach fundamental basketball. The last 6 games were so bad, I just don't see the upside in staying the course, or seeing much reason to believe it will magically change. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Plenty of boards on the internet if you want a free for all. That’s just not our game here. 

Been involved on the previous forums and this one since about 2004.  I'm well aware of the strict rules and appreciate that you guys dont let it get out of control.  Just hadn't seen anything that bad in this thread.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kudos again. Can't imagine a guy or gal running to a click button to report someone on a message board. Where I come from?? Weak stuff is all I got for actions like that.

Makes me curious if I've ever been reported. Haha.

I don't get why trying to help the mods keep up with inappropriate posts is weak.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

If the home run isn't there, you just get the best coach you can. We don't need the flashiest, biggest name out there. We just need someone who can coach fundamental basketball. The last 6 games were so bad, I just don't see the upside in staying the course, or seeing much reason to believe it will magically change. 

Reasonable conversation. I get it. I may or may not agree but all good! 

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't get why trying to help the mods keep up with inappropriate posts is weak.

Just a personal thing I guess. Rather go head to head. I'd hash it out in an intelligent way but I guess I didn't see what was posted.

If reporting posters is your way....no problem! Hopefully in the same respect it's ok with you if I would never do something like that. 

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I agree that there is no coach who you think is unavailable this year will be available next year.  You go out and get the best coach you can and try every avenue.

5 minutes ago, HoobieDoobie said:

Been involved on the previous forums and this one since about 2004.  I'm well aware of the strict rules and appreciate that you guys dont let it get out of control.  Just hadn't seen anything that bad in this thread.

Someone was called a name for a donkey

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Just a personal thing I guess. Rather go head to head. I'd hash it out in an intelligent way but I guess I didn't see what was posted.

If reporting posters is your way....no problem! Hopefully in the same respect it's ok with you if I would never do something like that. 

It has nothing to do with reporting a post or thread I'm involved in.  It is reporting a post in a thread I have nothing to do with.  If there's rules being broken if I'm not involved in the thread, I don't mind reporting it to help out the board.

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure the AD has someone in the office to monitor the message boards.

if i were the AD, i seriously would have no interest in the message boards.  it's a ton of people with varying bball knowledge who all think they have the answers.  why would i care?  it would drive you crazy if you were trying to make everyone happy.  it's impossible.  

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

i ran into this back when i had the energy to battle Scott and IUFLA.  i don't ever post inappropriate language, but when i fired back, a now former mod was quick to shut me down and i got messages informing me.  i thought it was kind of a gang up on me, but i'm pretty sure you'll know if you get out of line.  i am mainly just reading these days.  it's kind of funny to think i even spent energy on Scott and IUFLA when i sit back and watch them argue now.  i actually feel kinda silly for falling into it.   

39 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i ran into this back when i had the energy to battle Scott and IUFLA.  i don't ever post inappropriate language, but when i fired back, a now former mod was quick to shut me down and i got messages informing me.  i thought it was kind of a gang up on me, but i'm pretty sure you'll know if you get out of line.  i am mainly just reading these days.  it's kind of funny to think i even spent energy on Scott and IUFLA when i sit back and watch them argue now.  i actually feel kinda silly for falling into it.   

Meh, don't worry about that stuff.  But remember this...never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.  Or is that one-armed man?  Whatever.  You get my point.

54 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

if i were the AD, i seriously would have no interest in the message boards.  it's a ton of people with varying bball knowledge who all think they have the answers.  why would i care?  it would drive you crazy if you were trying to make everyone happy.  it's impossible.  

They are an important sample of the fanbase that are essentially giving you survey data for free 

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

You need to get over your obsession...

And for you to act like you're more intelligent than anybody on this board is laughable...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You need to get over your obsession...

And for you to act like you're more intelligent than anybody on this board is laughable...

NC was seriously not acting like that. 

NC admitted that he/she had grown as a person and you interpreted that as then acting more intelligent. That says a lot about somebody and it ain’t NC

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

NC was seriously not acting like that. 

NC admitted that he/she had grown as a person and you interpreted that as then acting more intelligent. That says a lot about somebody and it ain’t NC

He refers to my user ID in a lot of his posts in a very condescending way. Even his "admission" insinuates he's more intelligent than Scott or me...

I've never mentioned him once. 

So who's got the issue?

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I can assure you any P5 team has someone that monitors boards, social media,etc....at all times. Sometimes boards (especially the right ones) are phenomenal resources of information. 

I think I've mentioned before but I posted a few things about another Big 10 program years ago and it took all of an hour to get back to me. That's why I always applaud those who have information and share it because someone is always watching.

Archived