It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Archie can still become a very good coach. Very young. Unfortunately he had to go through his growing pains here. He will have all this experience under his belt and won’t make the same mistakes in building a program next time. He will get a power 5 job...maybe right after this one. I could easily see a Pittsburgh or maybe Marquette job opening up for him. It just sucks it didn’t work out here. A lot to like about him as a coach...

Agree here. I think what is sometimes lost on the fanbase (and not just IU) is how difficult Indiana is as a job. Coaches know this. I really respect CAM and Crean too for having the courage/ego to take on the Indiana job with the knowledge of what will happen if they can't do it. I've been a consultant on a few big time hires (not Indiana unfortunately!) and sometimes hires that seem like a home run don't necessarily work out for whatever reason. There are a lot of coaches that wouldn't want Indiana and it has nothing to do with what has happened over the last 20 years or so. If Coach is really out it'll be interesting to see what's next. I'm still sticking with things that I'm hearing that Stevens isn't an automatic no. It'll be interesting to see if Indiana shows patience there with regards to the NBA season. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm not disagreeing with the point you made. But the post of mine you responded to, I didn't say anything about playing through broken bones or injuries.  

I'm talking about mental fortitude.  You're tired, you're legs are sore, push through it kinda thing. 

Sorry, this makes sense.  I think I read what you posted wrong and appreciate the clarification!

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Here's this tool if anyone wants to send him a message to go cheer for uk.  I'm sure his boss at mercedes would love to hear about how classy his sales guy is.  

Screenshot_20210312-113114.png

From Rain on the Scarecrow.  “He called my old friend Schepman up to auction off the land. He said, John it’s just my job, and I hope you understand.  Hey calling it your job ol hoss sure dont make it right.  But if you want me to I’ll say a prayer for your soul tonight.”

I guess that family likes being the villain lol 

3 minutes ago, WanamakerIUFan said:

Agree here. I think what is sometimes lost on the fanbase (and not just IU) is how difficult Indiana is as a job. Coaches know this. I really respect CAM and Crean too for having the courage/ego to take on the Indiana job with the knowledge of what will happen if they can't do it. I've been a consultant on a few big time hires (not Indiana unfortunately!) and sometimes hires that seem like a home run don't necessarily work out for whatever reason. There are a lot of coaches that wouldn't want Indiana and it has nothing to do with what has happened over the last 20 years or so. If Coach is really out it'll be interesting to see what's next. I'm still sticking with things that I'm hearing that Stevens isn't an automatic no. It'll be interesting to see if Indiana shows patience there with regards to the NBA season. 

source (1).gif

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I was out in the car to go to lunch and was going to see what DD had to say about IU.  He is not on today and two replacements I have never heard of.

I listened to him earlier around 12:45 going on about the IU situation, unless it was pre-recorded. He sounded different, sort of like he had a cold.

14 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I listened to him earlier around 12:45 going on about the IU situation, unless it was pre-recorded. He sounded different, sort of like he had a cold.

Dakach did the noon Wichita st game.  

He blasted IU this morning on the early show saying how we needed an IU guy.  Wouldn't say who because there isn't one good enough.  

10 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dakach did the noon Wichita st game.  

He blasted IU this morning on the early show saying how we needed an IU guy.  Wouldn't say who because there isn't one good enough.  

He said anyone who played for Bob Knight.  Maybe Luke Recker is interested.  He played for both Knight and Alford so a double check plus.

5 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Archie in his post game presser after the  Rutgers loss says he doesn't have a doubt in his mind he will be back for a 5th season. 

He did? Where did you see that, first I've seen he has no doubt he'll be back. 

6 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Archie in his post game presser after the  Rutgers loss says he doesn't have a doubt in his mind he will be back for a 5th season. 

I didn't hear that and what I heard him say was that is up to people that is higher up than he is if he comes back

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

He said it last night 

Not those exact words....come on guys. Good grief.

He said that’s something he is not going to worry about.....

...also said, he felt he and the A. D. “We’re in a good spot”...( whatever that means...)

....said it’s up to, basically the A.D. to make that call. 

9 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

He said, he doesn't go into any off season wondering if he will be back, those decisions are made higher than me.  At 5:10

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/03/11/video-archie-miller-trayce-jackson-davis-and-armaan-franklin-react-to-loss-to-rutgers/

Archived