It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GrangerHoosier said:

If IU is close to cutting ties with Archie, I genuinely wish him success at his next stop.

I also really wonder how different the past few years would have been if he had been able to bring McKinley Wright along with him to IU.

In all honesty, the team is probably just slightly better. One guy wouldn't have corrected this trainwreck

4 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

If IU is close to cutting ties with Archie, I genuinely wish him success at his next stop.

I also really wonder how different the past few years would have been if he had been able to bring McKinley Wright along with him to IU.

Would Wright have been as good of a player if he came to IU or would he just be another guard who struggled his whole career? 

3 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

We should hear fairly soon.  After the boos and chants last night, I think the AD has to make a move quickly one way or the other.

1 minute ago, HoobieDoobie said:

In all honesty, the team is probably just slightly better. One guy wouldn't have corrected this trainwreck

One guy could bring a transfer or two along with him though which makes for more competition.  Take Chris Mack for example, Dre Davis is a freshman from IU and IU had interest with him.  Dre Davis's younger brother likes Louisville but I could see his younger brother coming to IU if Mack came along with his older brother.   

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

serious question here... if Dolson decides to keep Archie, would there be any kind of announcement?  i kind of wouldn't think so.  what would he say?  "We would like to address that most fans and media think he should be fired, but he will be coming back 1 more year on a short leash?"  obviously i'm exaggerating, but would they really announce he is coming back or not address it? 

I honestly think he won’t say anything if he’s back. He will just use his end of the year press conference as a Ya... Well I figured everyone knew he would be back speech. If he comes out and says he’s back. A lot of backlash and instant fan turnoff. 

10 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

One guy could bring a transfer or two along with him though which makes for more competition.  Take Chris Mack for example, Dre Davis is a freshman from IU and IU had interest with him.  Dre Davis's younger brother likes Louisville but I could see his younger brother coming to IU if Mack came along with his older brother.   

The Davis’s are brothers.

How many transfers have brought two more guys with them, ever?

1 minute ago, addictedtoIU said:

He could be a better teacher of peace, tranquility, and mind control, which can possibly be beneficial for the basketball game. Just like the Zen master, Phil Jackson thing. 

I would assume that would lead to a better free throw percentage!

17 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

The Davis’s are brothers.

How many transfers have brought two more guys with them, ever?

no clue how many brought more than one transfer, however, if the rule goes through and the transfer portal is as large as some say it will be this year you'll see multiple schools get more than one guy.

4 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

Archie reminds me of that woman you dated in your early 20s. You both thought it was a great match, and that it could be a good long term fit, but one or both of you realized it just wasn't the right timing or whatever. Maybe one of you wanted kids before 30 and the other wanted to wait, or you wanted to live in different parts of the country, or you wanted a team that could shoot FTs and the other didn't. I feel like we both know at this point that this just isn't working. 

I think Archie can still become a very good coach. Very young. Unfortunately he had to go through his growing pains here. He will have all this experience under his belt and won’t make the same mistakes in building a program next time. He will get a power 5 job...maybe right after this one. I could easily see a Pittsburgh or maybe Marquette job opening up for him. It just sucks it didn’t work out here. A lot to like about him as a coach...but this thing has gotten toxic and he won’t survive now. Just can’t have 4 unsuccessful (IU standards) years in a row. Think about this. IU has had a 4 game losing streak in every year he has been here...including two in 2018 and a six game or more twice. Haven’t finished with an above 500 conference record...that just isn’t good enough. I don’t want people taking needless shots at him, players, or family but it has to change and everyone knows this. I wanted to see 5 years to make a decision but there really isn’t anything short of a B1G title and deep tournament run that would change my mind...and that looks far from happening with the current state of the roster and program.

6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

no clue how many brought more than one transfer, however, if the rule goes through and the transfer portal is as large as some say it will be this year you'll see multiple schools get more than one guy.

I agree that we will see a number of schools getting more than one guy. I was questioning/disputing that McKinley, if Archie could have brought him to IU, would have personally been responsible for bringing multiple guys along with him.

Just now, IU878176 said:

I agree that we will see a number of schools getting more than one guy. I was questioning/disputing that McKinley, if Archie could have brought him to IU, would have personally been responsible for bringing multiple guys along with him.

gotcha.  Yeah if McKinley came I could have seen one other guy following

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Last night Coin Hartman was on a post game show and he talked about how social media effected him early in his career.  He said his freshman year he and his teammates would look at all the social media outlets and message boards to see what people were saying about them.  He said the negative comments did effect him and his confidence.  He said in his sophomore year after they played bad in Maui losing 2 of 3 that the team had a players only meeting.  The decided to get off of all social media and not listen to the outside noise and that is when that season took off.

He also thinks that these comments on social media is effecting the players on the team because they are trying to hard to get the fans approval.

And that is why (amongst other reasons) Hartman never became a great player. No offense to him or any other IU player but you can’t live your life on social media. You want to be a great player you live it in the gym. You use it as fire if you feel slighted. You think Tom Brady or Michael Jordan has never been criticized or lived in a bubble. We need tougher kids or more disciplined kids if they are letting social media effect them. We are all human and I hate it for them to have idiots say dumb things about the kids personally but that’s the world we live in...and some can’t handle it and there are others out there getting better and better and making it big. We need kids with big hearts and even bigger game....ones that spend their free time getting better in cook hall instead of following Twitter and facebkkk.

Just now, dgambill said:

And that is why (amongst other reasons) Hartman never became a great player. No offense to him or any other IU player but you can’t live your life on social media. You want to be a great player you live it in the gym. You use it as fire if you feel slighted. You think Tom Brady or Michael Jordan has never been criticized or lived in a bubble. We need tougher kids or more disciplined kids if they are letting social media effect them. We are all human and I hate it for them to have idiots say dumb things about the kids personally but that’s the world we live in...and some can’t handle it and there are others out there getting better and better and making it big. We need kids with big hearts and even bigger game....ones that spend their free time getting better in cook hall instead of following Twitter and facebkkk.

Did you read all of my post because he said after his freshman year he did just that.  His sophomore year they lost 2 out of 3 in Maui and the team had a players only meeting and they stopped all social media stuff.  After that is when that 2016 team went on a roll and won the big ten.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did you read all of my post because he said after his freshman year he did just that.  His sophomore year they lost 2 out of 3 in Maui and the team had a players only meeting and they stopped all social media stuff.  After that is when that 2016 team went on a roll and won the big ten.

Then why do we keep bringing up fans effecting players. It is much easier to control the habits and behaviors of 12 people then try to stop the 1000 or so crazy fans out of 4-5 million fans. It’s a non point in my opinion. Sure it sucks and I hate people doing that but it won’t ever change. You need a team of 12 focused individuals that want to commit to one singular goal...it’s on them. Cut the bull crap excuses. (This isn’t just to you Scott...just saying it isn’t a valid excuse for anyone to use)

Archived